Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of the reasoning behind this but since 2000, only 3 experienced coaches have won the flag (sheedy 2000, Matthews 2001-03 & Malthouse 2010), all other premiership coaches have been as their first club as senior coach.

Perhaps fresh ideas, new strategy or better player relationships?

Spot on. And only one since Brisbane's reign ended. Very telling. We need to go with a Longmuir or Caracella type.

Ideally I'd love to see Longmuir take over the coaching position but I honestly wouldn't be too upset with Sumich, did pretty well with the under 18s but obviously it's a completely different ballpark.

JLo would be the most likely I would think. Caracella / Burns i'd love too - but unlikely.

Oh, and hi folks :) First time back on the forums this year
I missed you. Always look for the Arc, Esti, and Eshed comments

Ideally I'd love to see Longmuir take over the coaching position but I honestly wouldn't be too upset with Sumich, did pretty well with the under 18s but obviously it's a completely different ballpark.
Coaching a bunch of boys is pretty damn easy over a period of 2-3 months. Meh. No one gives a crap about pre AFL state level. Sure they won, but really it's about the individuals drafting

Longmuir was the player we needed to win the grand final in 2013 alongside Pav and filling in for Sandi, basically in place of Zac Clarke.

It would be a bit of poetic justice if he gets us our first flag in another way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sumich as head coach would just about end my support of Cockburn (at least until he got sacked).

Within the coaching ranks they would have a fair idea of who the better assistants are. Pick the best available, interested, and motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back