Justin Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you happy that the club tried NOTHING to improve our midfield apart from Gibbs 'coming to them at the 11th hour' [or 11th minute (sic) as Reid has called it a few times].

I was surprised. But coaches have plans. Time will tell if it was stick with the same or try a new trick. If the plan was the draft then they must have got instructions from pyke that the best 22 will be made up of..........and that the list has the quality he is after. Jury is out. If we go backwards next year, pykes job will be questioned. Basically i feel we shouldnt judge anything until we know the impact. That wont be known until mid next year.

I thought it was pretty clear when the club said our strategy was always to go to the draft.

Going into trade week, our strategy was to take 13 to the draft. Clubs don't go into trade week fishing for players, they spend the season working out who is gettable. Trade week is just to get the deals already agreed on by the player and the club done. If no one is available, the next best strategy is to take the pick to the draft.

Going into trade week, our strategy was to take 13 to the draft. Clubs don't go into trade week fishing for players, they spend the season working out who is gettable. Trade week is just to get the deals already agreed on by the player and the club done. If no one is available, the next best strategy is to take the pick to the draft.

Deledio became available;

Regardless, if it's acceptable for the club not to be able to attract a player who wants to be traded to us (as opposed to Gibbs who apparently fell in our lap), for how many years can that continue?

If one is ok, why not 2, 3, 4?

If our attitude is 'damn it's hard to get players to want to come here, woe is us' it seems our only shot is Hamish absolutely nailing every draft and crossing our fingers the next time a contracted SA-born gun mid wants to come home his club is actually bluffing with their high demands.

Actually it was your usual mindless drivel. That was the only thing worth responding to

Nah, what made you respond was that I actually had an opinion that dares differ from yours. Your problem is you always play the man and not the ball. Well not always but 95% of the time. When debating a point quite often you attack the opposition poster and not your position on the issue. I may have rants and occasional just waffle on but at least 95% of this site doesn't think i'm an utter tool bag and have put me on ignore. So instead of being an ar$e clown all your life go get a life and start contributing.

I'm at my wits end with this AFL. We need a royal commission.
I might have mentioned it previously but a Working Dog tv show based around the AFL Integrity Unit would be gold

Do you think after his work experience is finished, we might ask Reid if he wants some paid work in his school holidays?
He started trade week with bold, straight talking swagger. Finished it with his tail between his legs. Will be hard to recover from this though all the best in the business probably have a horror story from their early years that wisened them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He started trade week with bold, straight talking swagger. Finished it with his tail between his legs. Will be hard to recover from this though all the best in the business probably have a horror story from their early years that wisened them up.
That's my problem with it, and our media silence strategy in general.

We set the tone from the outset, then let others dictate it. A poker face is only good when you win, otherwise you just look like a shmuck which is what happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back