Justin Reid

It's only taken him three years but he's successfully destroyed our list.

Long term deals to Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, etc have left us with limited ability to turn over the list, and has left us close to the cap. Now we've got an army of 30 year olds stuck in the twos.

Gibbs trade. Not much more needs to be said.

Ageing fringe players like Mackay, Douglas and Otten should have been moved on last year.

Failure to address needs in the trade/draft period - ruck depth, KPD depth, another small forward with PACE.

Messing players around with contracts. We saw it with Henderson, Lever (future captain of the club), McGovern, Lyons and now Greenwood. It's cost us players who are in the prime of their career.

Worst of all is our effort in last year's draft. We got outplayed by Port, failed to move our picks up to secure elite talent and kicked the can down the road to secure a pick in a lesser draft.

All in all another failure by another Mark Ricciuto boys club appointment.

Add him to the sack list.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
When he was hired the few of us who questioned this bizarre appointment given his father's history were shouted down as being negative and paranoid.

Our list is really poor like it was from 2000 to 2004. Actually it might even be in worse shape given we don't have the quality like we had with the fab 4 back then. Massive, massive rebuild coming. The only plus is the AFC will not be able to manufacture "hononourable" 7th/8th place finishes with this list. We heading for the bottom 7 for quite a few years once we retire the oldies.

You reap what you sow my friends.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
What do you disagree with?
Well pretty much all of it where you've confused what he does and aligning blame to him for things that clearly aren't his doing.

So most of it really.

Not saying he is good or bad don't get me wrong, but the current malaise is hardly his doing.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's only taken him three years but he's successfully destroyed our list.

Long term deals to Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, etc have left us with limited ability to turn over the list, and has left us close to the cap. Now we've got an army of 30 year olds stuck in the twos.

Gibbs trade. Not much more needs to be said.

Ageing fringe players like Mackay, Douglas and Otten should have been moved on last year.

Failure to address needs in the trade/draft period - ruck depth, KPD depth, another small forward with PACE.

Messing players around with contracts. We saw it with Henderson, Lever (future captain of the club), McGovern, Lyons and now Greenwood. It's cost us players who are in the prime of their career.

Worst of all is our effort in last year's draft. We got outplayed by Port, failed to move our picks up to secure elite talent and kicked the can down the road to secure a pick in a lesser draft.

All in all another failure by another Mark Ricciuto boys club appointment.

Add him to the sack list.

Nope. It’s not him that determines player value. Look elsewhere. Maybe start with the people that determine how valuable players are and then provide instruction to List Management.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was his appointment part of the deal Reid Snr did with Tippo and the cheating debacle.

This is bullshit. Apart from the Lyons departure and Gibbs acquisition, this guy has exceeded expectations in every single trade scenario that has been forced upon us.

We’ve got problems, Reid isn’t amongst the list.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure about Reid.

But when do we start to question Hamish Ogilvie in wasting first rounders on Gooch and Jones.

Neither will be elite. Their ceiling is the level our mids are now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ogilvie is one of the very few competent components of this club.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Ogilvie is one of the very few competent components of this club.
I generally agree.

But these two picks are dubious.

Gooch is an average cameo player and I just dont see Jone being an elite mid befitting a top ten pick.

The first round of the draft.is where you get your elite talent in. Whether it be via draft.or trading it in using those picks

I have more faith in McHenry. He has some mongrel.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
This is bulls**t. Apart from the Lyons departure and Gibbs acquisition, this guy has exceeded expectations in every single trade scenario that has been forced upon us.

We’ve got problems, Reid isn’t amongst the list.
Even Lyons took three clubs to get the best out of him.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I questioned his appointment purely on the fact he had zero list management experience.
Is that really that important. " we can all learn from each other."
Premiership Windows are overrated anyway.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement. My view is that List Managers don’t rate players. That’s what the coaching group do. List Managers are tasked with acquiring/retaining/purchasing at lowest price and not overpaying for acquisitions and also selling at a profit. The reason that we’re not good has SFA to do with Reid. It’s the board, the CEO and then the entire footy dept underneath that. Reid is not a problem whatsoever.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I disagree with your disagreement. My view is that List Managers don’t rate players. That’s what the coaching group do. List Managers are tasked with acquiring/retaining/purchasing at lowest price and not overpaying for acquisitions and also selling at a profit. The reason that we’re not good has SFA to do with Reid. It’s the board, the CEO and then the entire footy dept underneath that. Reid is not a problem whatsoever.
I would suggest Ogilvie's lack of identifying top shelf midfield talent is a bigger issue than Reid.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Even Lyons took three clubs to get the best out of him.

Lyons was very good with us in his last year with us. It’s just that our coaching group didn’t value him as a player so List Management offered a contract commensurate with their value rating. List Management doesn’t rate players, the coaches do that. Our failings are not with JR.

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hasnt done any of that.

Back