Club Mgmt. Justin Rodski moves on - CEO at Melbourne Storm

Remove this Banner Ad

Weren't people saying he could be Campbells replacement? Guess we'll have to look outside the box now.....

We might've dodged a bullet?

How do you draw that conclusion?

Maybe not a bullet, but would Rodski be the best replacement for X? It's all supposition - I just hope that when X does move on we do a rigorous recruitment/selection process and not just elevate from within because they're a known quantity.

Essendon Football Club wishes to congratulate Justin Rodski on his appointment as chief executive officer of the Melbourne Storm.

Rodski departs his role as chief commercial and customer officer after over 10 years of service to Essendon.

CEO Xavier Campbell extended his congratulations to Rodski on his appointment.

“Justin is to be commended on his dedication and passion to the Essendon Football Club across his 10 years of service,” Campbell said.

“He joined Essendon in 2010 and in his time amassed a significant portfolio across the commercial, consumer and communications divisions and became a key member of the executive management team.

“Across his time, he has managed many extremely complex and difficult projects, but also helped drive enormous growth across our membership and commercial revenues. His achievements are many and varied.

“This is a tremendous opportunity for Justin, and he goes to the Melbourne Storm with nothing but the best wishes from the Board, the executive and staff at Essendon. We wish Justin, Maggie and their children Ellie and Harry the best for their future.”

Rodski acknowledged his appreciation for the Essendon Football Club.

“I am extremely grateful for the opportunities the club has provided me both personally and professionally over my 10 years at Essendon,” Rodski said.

“I’d like to thank CEO Xavier Campbell, President Paul Brasher, the Board, executive, players and staff, for making my time at the club so enjoyable and rewarding.

“The time is right for me to take on the next challenge. It is a great honour to be appointed CEO of the Melbourne Storm and I am looking forward to commencing my new role next month.

“I firmly believe the Bombers are well positioned for future success, both on and off the field, and I wish everyone all the best for the season ahead.”

Rodski will finish his employment at the Essendon Football Club on Friday, February 12.

Woah, I was surprised to hear the guy who does videos at Essendon has become the CEO of Melbourne Storm. His career path has gone on a different trajectory and exploded. Good on him :)

Maybe not a bullet, but would Rodski be the best replacement for X? It's all supposition - I just hope that when X does move on we do a rigorous recruitment/selection process and not just elevate from within because they're a known quantity.
I agree with the latter part. I have no idea if he would've been the best but that another organisation has poached him, makes me think at the very least he wouldn't have been the worst.

Honestly I think we have one of the worst social media and media presence in general amongst professional sport. Hopefully him leaving helps that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On face value based on how they've travelled since their cap issues I'd reckon the Storm know what they're doing. Been successful for a long time on field, are they off it?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back