Justin Westhoff

Remove this Banner Ad

With this retirement it leaves Travis Boak as the sole Port player still playing from the 2007 grand final team
Thought Robbie Gray, but have just realised he didn’t play.

Clearly tried my best to erase that day from my memory.

A sad day. At times one of my favourite players it's hard to imagine not having the enigma that is the Hoff running around the joint. The romantic in me unquestionably wanted him too become our games record holder, but the time looks right - I would love it if he somehow bobbed up on the way to a premiership though.

Congrats westy, whilst at times you were a frustrating player, you got the most out of your career and more importantly are a great human being, always had a ripping beard and always put his body on the line. Great career best wishes for the future

westy had the ability to take mark of the year and then kick into the man on the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another point, weren’t a fair few footy posters saying that Hoff unbalanced the team over the years.
So now it’s a good thing, right? 😥

I was one yes.

I always maintained it cost us a KPP as he wasn't used as one.

Either way 14 year 280 AFL game career is in the elite category for players regardless of opinions like mine. So hats off to him and for all his frustrations he has also presented joyous moments. LonglivetheHOFF

If we make it to the final dance do you think he is in the mix?

What I'm saying is I would love it if he somehow got into the team and we won a premiership with him in there. I don't think he's currently best 22 but the romantic in me wishes he would be there on the podium.

He had mad skills and was one of the greats. His best work was as marking defender. He saved us a lot back there, has footy smarts and would love to see him the gf lifting up the cup after kicking the winning goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back