Justin Westhoff

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucci on his segment with Kornes this morning said Hoff will announce his retirement to the players this morning.

Might be a little bit more incentive to win the flag and send of the Hoff in style. Good chance he gets picked to play in defence this week.

Listen from 4.30 below

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the weirdest footy players ever. Two metres tall with the mercurial skills of the best small forwards. Justin would have to be second best behind Betts for consistency of pulling insanely jammy goals out of his ass. Again, made even funnier by the fact that he's a giant dude.

He will always be a favourite of mine since bursting into the team in 2007, an inspiration for a young lanky Dylan8.

Sad news, I will miss the big tall skinny kid who grew into a big tall skinny adult with a huge beard.

He wasn't everyone's cup of tea but the Hoff had some unique skills for a player nearly 200cm, could be equal parts breathtakingly good and frustratingly awful, but filled an outrageous number of roles at Port and did well in all of them. A much underrated tackler too.

To date Hoff has played 280 games for Port Adlaide for 313 goals and was the 2018 John Cahill Medallist.

giphy.gif

Timing is pretty spot on. End of an era. Been a great servant of the club. Wonder if there's one last twist in the tale?

I was just around from the point post other side in Shanghai and in direct line and as soon as he soccered it I knew he would kick a goal.

Same with the Geelong final 2013 at MCG I was between the near point post and the Hoff about 10 rows back and as soon as he shapped to do a checkie I said to my self he will kick this.

Not a big fan but will always remember when he put it all together in 2013

Average for first 4 games:
22 touches, 10.5 marks, 3.25 goals, 3.25 points, 1.25 goal assists, 140 zoopercoach

He was involved in everything, playing all over the field.

and also found that form again in the final against the Cats. I think that was easily his best year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back