Justin Westhoff

Remove this Banner Ad

Started off as a skinny forward and developed into just about the most versatile and durable player in the league. Didn't miss a game for something like 6 years at one stage. Always a hard worker and great team man, despite his laconic demeanour.

Also a legend off the field with all of the work he does with homeless people and other causes.

Knew it was coming but still a sad day. I'm sure he won't let us down if for whatever reason we need him in finals.

2018 club champion, Between 2010 and 2018 always finished in top 10 in the B&F.

3rd most goals for the club in AFL, = 2nd most games at the moment, played every position on the ground for the club, won and saved many games for the club. Will always be remembered as a great club man, who could plug any gap in the team.

His set shot kicking for goal was the one area that he never fully got on top of. But was the ultimate utility player for Port and across any player in the league.

It's official.

1600312942321.png

The Hoff was a durable player. Played 135 consecutive games between 2013-2019 and was dropped to the Maggies.

He got a week for a little elbow to Hooker's chin after the quarter time siren, after Hooker pissed him off, and had played 40 odd consecutive games to then, and then started above streak.

PORT ADELAIDE will bid farewell to one of its most loyal club servants at the end of the season with Justin Westhoff set to retire.

Westhoff notified his teammates on Thursday morning that he would not play on next year, but reaffirming his desire to contribute to team success in 2020.

Westhoff was drafted to the club in the 2006 AFL National Draft with pick 71 and won the Gavin Wanganeen Medal as the best player under 21 in his first season.

The 33-year-old is ranked second for AFL games played for the club, currently on 280 games, and won the 2018 John Cahill Medal as best and fairest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Absolute champion and sad to see him finish. He's that enigmatic you could see him coming in for a Grand Final and kicking a bag as he is that type of player.

He's had a great career, and would be top 10 for our greatest AFL players easily.

Would be great to see him win a flag and go out on top.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
I was just around from the point post other side in Shanghai and in direct line and as soon as he soccered it I knew he would kick a goal.

Same with the Geelong final 2013 at MCG I was between the near point post and the Hoff about 10 rows back and as soon as he shapped to do a checkie I said to my self he will kick this.

should've been GOTY!

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sad that his decline came so quickly. Hoped he would take Kanes games record off him and was certainly expecting him to go past 300 games

Enigmatic is one word for him. Frustrating as well but had a great career overall.

Only a year or so ago i couldnt see how we would play without him such was his versatility. We are going perfectly fine without him

All the best Westy

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Well done, mate!
One of my faves, so I shall miss him.
Black and white through and through - go back and play with your bro's and win a flag for the Blockies :cool::thumbsu:
Thanks for your contribution to the greatest footy club in the nation over 14 years and 280 games, and all the highlights you have provided. Fitting that you called time during the Club's 150th anniversary season.
You other blokes better give him the send off he deserves by winning the pennant this season.

He's had a wonderful career at the club.

One memory I'll have of the Hoff. Often better at kicking the improbable goal than the straightforward.
Always maintain that any time he marked the ball within 30 metres straight in front he needed to play on immediately and kick a snap.

Apr 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sad to see someone go who has been around as long as Hoff, but the time is definitely right.

On a side note, i presume Rucci is on the club payroll now judging by the articles he rights for the media team. Should he be releasing 'scoops' of Hoffs retirement prior to Hoff telling his teammates?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back