Justin Westhoff

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was just a few years younger then I think he could have been absolutely dominant in the team we have on the park now. Finally have a forward structure and multiple talls, our defence is set and strong with the 3 pillars and we have two strong wingman.

Westy would have been free to do what he did best and roam the field in any position he wished without being required to be a KPP which he just wasn’t suited for.

He was a total enigma at times. Brilliance followed by total frustration. But heck I’ll miss those brilliant moments he gave us all so often

Unbelievably versatile and durable, truly an underrated Port great.

The timing is right though for both player and club.

All the best Hoff!

I'm going to miss the opportunity to s**t myself, each time, every time, when the Hoff has a setshot 20-35 metres out. No-one more consistent in pissing me off :tearsofjoy:.

Back. Forward. Ruck. Wing. Did it all. Thanks Hoff...you've been a star!

Always enjoyed watching The Hoff. Footballer's footballer.

Not many can pull true versatility off like Hoff could. "You want me to play there today coach, sure, no worries".

Didn't always seem to extract the digit when it wasn't required but always valuable to have in the team. His best was very good too. Mercurial. His taps and deft plays were often more valuable than 10 of some players possessions.

Well played Hoff.

*Edit: Just saw the presser. First time i've heard Hoff speak. Humble team man. Ken spoke very well of him with genuine affection and admiration. He confirmed what it looked like from the outside. Hoff was a beaut to coach and to have as a teammate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he can still play for a year or two as a good depth. He was the best and fairest only two years ago... I think the Covid 19 situation may have ended his career earlier.
All the best in your future endeavors!
The Hoff!!

Sad to see someone go who has been around as long as Hoff, but the time is definitely right.

On a side note, i presume Rucci is on the club payroll now judging by the articles he rights for the media team. Should he be releasing 'scoops' of Hoffs retirement prior to Hoff telling his teammates?
Yep heard that this morning thought it was a bit insensitive.

Westy has always been one of my favorite players. Such a smart player for someone as big as he is.
We will miss him more than we know.
Always knew this day was coming but it still sucks.
All the best Hoff and thank you.
Absolute club Champion.

Misused mostly across the Hinkley era as being counted as one of the KPP's played, instead of in addition to playing with the right number. Somewhat ironic he's had a noticeable drop in form this year, just as we were playing a decent number of talls, that didn't include him. An in form Hoff, as a link man anywhere from defense to forward, in addition to (not instead of) Lycett, Ladhams, Dixon and Marshall would have given opposition coaches headaches.

From the impossible goals to the somehow impossible to miss goals missed, it's certainly been a rollercoaster ride. One definitely worth the price of admission though.

The Westhoffapotamus. One of my all time favourite players 😢

My most memorable moment of his career was that strange time he served me hot chips from a food truck in town late one night. How much have I had to drink I thought.

Misused mostly across the Hinkley era as being counted as one of the KPP's played, instead of in addition to playing with the right number. Somewhat ironic he's had a noticeable drop in form this year, just as we were playing a decent number of talls, that didn't include him. An in form Hoff, as a link man anywhere from defense to forward, in addition to (not instead of) Lycett, Ladhams, Dixon and Marshall would have given opposition coaches headaches.

From the impossible goals to the somehow impossible to miss goals missed, it's certainly been a rollercoaster ride. One definitely worth the price of admission though.

Is there any thread that Hinkley bashers can’t poison with their whinging?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back