Jy simpkins bump on Allen Christensen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t a bump - Twas a collision

To be suspended it has to be a careless or deliberate act

Simpkin didn’t elect to bump - at the last minute he “closed off” to avoid collision and his intent was the ball

Ffs - wonder if anyone has played footy

Blokes get hurt - it’s a risk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather they look at Higgins for his blatant staging. Disgrace to the game IMO

I'd prefer Brisbane get suspended for pretending to be a football team.

Yup. Can't see how the MRP can say Burton had no case to answer in knocking out Higgins earlier in the year from a similar thing, and then turn around and say this incident is anything different.

This wasn't a player looking to bump. This was incidental contact. It's a contact sport. It's unfortunate, but it happens some times.

I'd prefer Brisbane get suspended for pretending to be a football team.

Well. aren't you just all utensil-a-hoop now that your team is finally playing like an AFL team after all these years of playing in the VFL. You should know what it's like being in the AFL wilderness for many long years.

Doesn't pay to slag off at a team lower than yourself, it will always come back to bite you on the ar.. er backside...

You're probably right. It seems for now we're back to a lighter version of the head is sacrosanct. Until of course, Christian plucks out the occasional doozy.

I don't even think there would be a case to answer under the old ruling. Jy didn't even initiate a bump. It's incidental contact from both players going for the ball. It could just as easily have been that Jy ended up getting concussed.

Well. aren't you just all utensil-a-hoop now that your team is finally playing like an AFL team after all these years of playing in the VFL. You should know what it's like being in the AFL wilderness for many long years.

Doesn't pay to slag off at a team lower than yourself, it will always come back to bite you on the ar.. er backside...

I'm not slagging off Brisbane. They've been awful for almost 15 years. That's just the reality. My team is "finally" playing like an AFL team after having 1 poor year in the last decade. Our poor year was better than some of your best of the last 15 years. Blaming Higgins because he got hit from behind by a player with no intent for the ball whatsoever is stupid.

Genuine LOL's.

If Burton wasn't even cited, then Jy's incident won't get a second thought.

Why Burton? It was an accidental head clash.

Fyfe also had a head clash and there was no case to answer.

Sandilands also had a head clash and there was no case to answer.

This wasnt a head clash. So please explain why it would be in any way related to Burton, Fyfe or Sandilands who all had accidental head clashes?

Top 4 yet still whining. Almost as bad as Richmond supporters.

Free to play according to AFL.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back