Jy simpkins bump on Allen Christensen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. The head high contact came from a head clash, not body to head. The rules that the AFL has written explicitly give the MRO discretion with head clashes, even where they assess that a player intended to bump. I don't necessarily agree with how they've applied that discretion (eg the Burton case) but they are following the guidelines.

They have no such discretion to determine body to head contact is an accidental consequence of a deliberate bump. So the issue in the Simpkin case revolves around the assessment that he chose to bump. As already stated, I think he has a very good chance of successfully arguing he didn't chose to bump.

North have already been successful in one appeal this year and I reckon North fans should put their meltdowns on ice (can you do that) until a tribunal challenge has been unsuccessful.
Have another look at the Sandilands one. His shoulder is actually making contact with Durdins head and the top of Durdins head collects Sandilands head. But make no mistake the shoulder also makes contact with Durdins head.

The MRP should get 2 weeks for that decision. Simpkin did nothing wrong here. He went for the ball, you cant suspend players for that. North need to challenge.

It just seems if two players go for the ball and they collide, the guy who comes out best will get suspended.

It is being challenged. Hard to see how it won't be overturned either which will be another nail in "Chrisso".

And yet some would have us believe Christian "hasn't put a foot wrong." For every right foot he puts down a wrong one is sure to follow. The level of inconstancy this year is deplorable yet the AFL will instruct the judiciary to control the preconceived outcome in order to maintain the credibility of their selection of this clown.
No doubt this is a purely accidental clash with an unfortunate outcome.

I'm proud that my club is challenging this. We owe it to the game itself to take a stance on this.

Christians EXACT words: "..........I think initially he did have his hands out....but it's clear Christensen takes possession of the ball before Simpkin arrives...........and Simpkin had enough time to turn his body and elect to bump"

506829_e83b0187623a042834f31d96a10a72b3.png

Now.....good people........you need to breakdown what this clown has just stated.

"initially he did have his hands out": Look at the picture. There's nothing "initially" to it. His hands are millimetres from the ball microseconds prior to impact.

Before he (Simpkin) arrives: Look at the picture. Seriously, the time response expected here is quicker than Ali's phantom knockout of Sonny Liston II in 1964.

Simpkin had enough time to turn his body: Again, look at the picture. Are we to assume that Jy has the calculating properties of a Cray supercomputer?

"and elect to bump"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : So in other words he should have cleaned up Christensen more forcefully and NOT made the ball his object?

^^^ this guy just saved me writing it out

WTF is Christian on about

The whole point was he didn't elect to bump - he elected to challenge the ball

He has got this completely arse about.

Probably the most confusing claim I can remember and completely inconsistent with dozens and dozens of decisions.

He was in the immediate vicinity - he was challenging the ball and he didn't elect to bump. All things we are told are "reasonable alternatives"

I can't think of a worse charge and subsequent explanation in a long time.

Disgraceful

I just have this image of Michael CHRISSO Christian woozily struggling in front of a TV, surrounded by the dozens of beers he's been plied with, while Steve Hocking replays the footage again and again.

Chrisso going: "BURP! Yeah, I shaposhe I can shee it now Shteve" while in the background Gillon looks on from behind a curtain giggling (gilloning) like Gargamel out of The Smurfs.

In fact, The Smurfs is the best way to describe AFL House.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just have this image of Michael CHRISSO Christian woozily struggling in front of a TV, surrounded by the dozens of beers he's been plied with, while Steve Hocking replays the footage again and again.

Chrisso going: "BURP! Yeah, I shaposhe I can shee it now Shteve" while in the background Gillon looks on from behind a curtain giggling (gilloning) like Gargamel out of The Smurfs.

In fact, The Smurks is the best way to describe AFL House.

You undermine his incompetence when you present him as a caricature.

From the transcript, it sounds as if the AFL counsel, Gleeson, isn't overly convinced by the case he's trying to argue. He has conceded that Simpkin had "no opportunity to do anything else".

Seems probable that the suspension will be overturned.
Gleeson is like a dog with a bone when it comes to Tribunal hearings, he keeps at it until he hears what he wants.

Has been extremely lackluster tonight, heart clearly not in it.

How can Christian get this one so wrong?. Shouldn’t be able to see out the rest of the year. Get rid of the clown.

Pretty embarrassing. There's a big difference between no suspension and two weeks. Absolute debacle.

Pretty embarrassing. There's a big difference between no suspension and two weeks. Absolute debacle.
Embarrassing when the same clown cleared a player that chose to bump and suspended one who didn’t.

The MRO clearly has NFI and just grades things to get the outcome they want.

If we thought the system was broke previously, it’s gone from a busted arse to a full on three ringed circus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back