Jy simpkins bump on Allen Christensen.

Remove this Banner Ad

The MRP should get 2 weeks for that decision. Simpkin did nothing wrong here. He went for the ball, you cant suspend players for that. North need to challenge.

It just seems if two players go for the ball and they collide, the guy who comes out best will get suspended.
The system is a shambles. Christian acknowledged Simpkin was going for the ball initially and then said he had time to avoid. Rubbish! All he did was protect himself at the last moment. The media have got the AFL to a situation where it is a laughing stock. They talk about taking the game overseas, good luck in explaining it to the world.

The system is a shambles. Christian acknowledged Simpkin was going for the ball initially and then said he had time to avoid. Rubbish! All he did was protect himself at the last moment. The media have got the AFL to a situation where it is a laughing stock. They talk about taking the game overseas, good luck in explaining it to the world.
He also said that Jy had time to bump....wtf was that about?

This rule has 32 interpretations. All expected to be decided in real time at a distance.

However thats one of the basic rules hence why it is so easy to understand.

Now on to our slightly more complex rules

Pretty embarrassing. There's a big difference between no suspension and two weeks. Absolute debacle.
It was 2 weeks with an early plea too

Result?
Jy walks away without even a fine

Shambles

This entire farce was a despicable exercise in damage control because the club and the media were putting the umpiring department on show over the despicable officiating bias displayed against Ben Brown.

Not only is Simpkin not guilty, he was NEVER GUILTY, and these corrupt pricks knew it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe I’m on North’s side in the lead up to our game.
What a farce that was, not even Gleeson could keep a straight face.
Surely Christian gets booted?

Lol. You know it's a shocker when the next opponents supporters don't even want a player to go down.

Good to see that got thrown out.

Also lol at my earlier post itt saying it was a crap decision getting 14 likes and I'm pretty sure they were all North fans
Probably because you were shaking the trend of some of your other brethren in the thread who were trolling (well I hope they were because no sane person would post what they did.)

Probably the right decision by the Tribunal.

The tribunal does have more time to break down the incident from both sides than the MRP.

Hopefully Chrisso has the stop watch out in future tight collisions and they come to a better understanding on what is and isn't a bump.

That said, if there's any time where benefit of the doubt should go against players I think it's a situation where one guy is coming in off the square and a centre square midfielder is contesting the ball. I think players coming in to the square should be banned, but if not they should be treated with harshly because they are coming in off the line and have a better view of the contest evolving ahead of them.

Glad he was not guilty.mhad his hands out about to get the ball and Christian beat him to it by 0.8 of a second. He didn’t even try and bump all he did was brace.
I just wanted the slow mo replay on IQ slow mo and Simpkin actually tried to miss him. He actually turned his body and head to try and miss him and not collide with him.

On a side note. Was Simpkin wearing make up in his interview on the way out of the tribunal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back