Traded Jye Caldwell [traded with #44 and #74 to Essendon for #29 and 2021 R2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player? If Caldwell i made an opinionated comment like 5 or so comments back about it.
You quoted me, avoided the question by giving an answer I didn't ask for, now can't remember what was asked? Honestly you should contact your doctor about your short term memory issues.

What's Hatley worth?

Dude, have a rest.. you got Saad, got reamed, Caldwell doesn't concern you, so move along...

While Essendon was locking in Peter Wright to become the leader of your forward line?

I now you guys are up and about every year when you win trade period again, but after a 2020 which many Essendon fans go as far as to call disgusting or a disgrace, you're going into 2021 with a significantly weaker list - seriously flawed on every single line.

But hey. You don't have to get back in your box until after the season starts and winning trade period is shown to be nah, probably didn't.

You quoted me, avoided the question by giving an answer I didn't ask for, now can't remember what was asked? Honestly you should contact your doctor about your short term memory issues.
Your question about Hatley was asked to attempt to prove a point about Caldwell, which was irrelevant to this trade. The conversation was then navigated into another direction which made my last question relevant... He is worth whatever GWS believe he is worth. My memory is just fine.

Your question about Hatley was asked to attempt to prove a point about Caldwell, which was irrelevant to this trade. The conversation was then navigated into another direction which made my last question relevant... He is worth whatever GWS believe he is worth. My memory is just fine.
No. I was asking how much he's worth, that's all. That poster could tell us what Caldwell is worth, just curious about Hatley worth, maybe we could do a 2 for one.

Why is Hatley's value irrelevant, when you say we need to pay overs because the rest of the 2018 draft class is great?

Funny how all the Carlton posters that were trolling the Saad thread have appeared to move over to this one.

You’d think they wouldn’t be interested in a player coming from a club they don’t support, going to a club they don’t support, that doesn’t involve them in any way.

Yet here they are.

Why is Hatley's value irrelevant, when you say we need to pay overs because the rest of the 2018 draft class is great?
The held opinion of the drafters was that Caldwell was a steal at his pick. Since then he has clearly shown enough to those at GWS which reaffirms his selection as a first round pick which has founded GWS´s belief that he is worth a first rounder. Clearly, based of GWS´s position with Hatley, this is not the case for Hatley. GWS do not have some agenda against Essendon and Love for Adelaide here. It is GWS opinion of the individual player which is key.

The held opinion of the drafters was that Caldwell was a steal at his pick. Since then he has clearly shown enough to those at GWS which reaffirms his selection as a first round pick which has founded GWS´s belief that he is worth a first rounder. Clearly, based of GWS´s position with Hatley, this is not the case for Hatley. GWS do not have some agenda against Essendon and Love for Adelaide here. It is GWS opinion of the individual player which is key.

I particularly enjoy the bit where you’re telling everyone how Hateley is rated, whilst repeatedly failing to even get his name correct.

I’m not sure I’d consider your opinion on the topic entirely and completely accurate.

That's fine, but you haven't explained why the quality of the 2018 draft matters (Except for Hateley)?

While Essendon was locking in Peter Wright to become the leader of your forward line?

I now you guys are up and about every year when you win trade period again, but after a 2020 which many Essendon fans go as far as to call disgusting or a disgrace, you're going into 2021 with a significantly weaker list - seriously flawed on every single line.

But hey. You don't have to get back in your box until after the season starts and winning trade period is shown to be nah, probably didn't.
Why are you in this thread arguing about value of a player with a trade that doesn't concern you? Oh that's right, because your team got Dodo'd at the trade table.. carry on..👍

Why are you in this thread arguing about value of a player with a trade that doesn't concern you? Oh that's right, because your team got Dodo'd at the trade table.. carry on..👍

So sad.

In these circumstances I might usually ask that you try harder and do better than childish, formulaic dross.

But that would, I fear, be asking too much in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. We'd probably split one of them with Brisbane or Geelong. Your 2 x 2nd rounders wouldnt help us as GWS want a 1st rnd pick.
yeah Geelong would seem the one that needs one the most. If they offered picks 13 & 15 for your pick 8 and a 2021 2nd rounder, I think that would go close to a deal. If it did, then Geelong could put up 8 and their 2021 1st for Cameron and maybe get back a 2021 2nd rounder? They can go to the draft with 20 and will have 2 x 2nds next year that they might be able to trade up with

For me it should be:

1. 8 and our future second for pick 16 and future first (Pies)
2. Fantasia for pick 29 (take our medicine)
3. Pick 16 for Caldwell
4. Future first (Pies) and pick 29 for Dunkley

2 is the only plausible option
I'd add change to anything else but that's approximate value for most of them for me

You clearly aren’t serious about Dunkley then.
Dunkley is worth a first and a second or a first and a good player. If we paid two firsts I'll be disappointed

Funny how all the Carlton posters that were trolling the Saad thread have appeared to move over to this one.

You’d think they wouldn’t be interested in a player coming from a club they don’t support, going to a club they don’t support, that doesn’t involve them in any way.

Yet here they are.

Paranoia

"They know we're coming"

Incorrect.

Fantasia did nothing this year when he played and was injured for the rest. He did nothing last year.
Daniher only played 4 games. Played one good game and did nothing for the rest. He did nothing for the two years before that.
Saad was great. Big loss.
McKenna did nothing. Retired.
McKernan was horrible except for one game against Sydney in round 2.

We actually improve our list if we land all of Wright, Dunkley and Caldwell considering the outgoing players have largely not contributed.

yeah Geelong would seem the one that needs one the most. If they offered picks 13 & 15 for your pick 8 and a 2021 2nd rounder, I think that would go close to a deal. If it did, then Geelong could put up 8 and their 2021 1st for Cameron and maybe get back a 2021 2nd rounder? They can go to the draft with 20 and will have 2 x 2nds next year that they might be able to trade up with
Our future 2nd is too valuable for that deal. Geelong have promised those picks to GWS as well so the only reason they'd do it is if GWS preferred a top 10 pick over the 2 picks geelong would be splitting to get the Cameron deal over the line. We'd be helping them enough by getting Cameron over the line so no need for giving them anything extra. Brisbane we could do 6 or 7 for both 18 and 19 and give one to GWS for Caldwell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back