News K ROCK FOOTBALL MEGA THREAD 2019

Any word on Twiggy's request for full game replays?

And would it be possible to get links for JLT2 interviews when the time is right?

Go Catters
Also Kingy any chance of Twiggys post match call from the 2nd of the magpies games.. he was on hold for 15 mins and too "under the weather" to remember what he said on air... but from all accounts it was amazing :D

Heard your name mentioned there Sunday Daze more than Jordan Murdoch.:D
to be fair... thats not hard...

3 effen touches...

Cmon..

Go Catters

K rock Football

All Australian
Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL & VFLW, Geelong Falcons
Any word on Twiggy's request for full game replays?

And would it be possible to get links for JLT2 interviews when the time is right?

Go Catters

Hey Daz,

I understand the best we can do is highlight packages.

I will endeavour to post links to all Geelong-related audio this year, including media conferences during the week.

We have created an AudioBoom channel, which is making life easier.

Regards

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Starting off on KPF due to Hendo being injured.
Hasn't ruled out playing on the wing.

This will end well. :D

This definitely will not end well .... He definitely has said he will play were there MC play him but is definitely unsure atm, it definitely may be on the wing or definitely at CHB.

Tough gig doing that presser stuff.

Having a full preseason is gonna be big for him IMO. He was barely running at this point last year so getting a clean run into Rd1 after no injuries this week coming up will be great for him

Go Catters

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Overrated on this board - wish him the best but yet to see any of the so called promise. Hopefully turns it around and becomes the player people hope (Scarlett esque)

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Just my opinion - and ive allways rated Kolo as a player

However the 2 Tasmanians him and Thurlow ( who both have got ability - but they drift in and out of games too much ) they really need a Malcolm Blight v Peter Riccardi rev up - as in grab the collar of the jumper - lift him up and shake him - and basically say - when is the penny going to drop - alah - when are you actually going to deliver

cynical

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
if he cant do a good enough job on the 2nd KF then he shouldn't be in the team

he isnt a 3rd or 4th tall defender and certainly not a winger

Overrated on this board - wish him the best but yet to see any of the so called promise. Hopefully turns it around and becomes the player people hope (Scarlett esque)

So you'll give him another few years then. I hope you are right too and makes it.

Thats fair. Took Scarlo about that long to turn the corner.

GO Catters

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong

Thought he actually did alright on the wing against Sydney in the final. Likes to take the game on and attack. Doesn’t shy from the bash n crash.

Actually don’t mind him on the wing which seems contrary to popular opinion.

I rate him as a player, Scarlett seems to be a massive wrap for him if you hear his pressers. Scarlett sees him a future A grade defender.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
if he cant do a good enough job on the 2nd KF then he shouldn't be in the team

he isnt a 3rd or 4th tall defender and certainly not a winger

I disagree; his twin brother kade at Gold Coast is purely a ball magnet running half back flanker who before his injury issues was doing a very good job at it. They are both similar height and weight, so I think Jake has the ability to play that role as well with his genetics.

cynical

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I disagree; his twin brother kade at Gold Coast is purely a ball magnet running half back flanker who before his injury issues was doing a very good job at it. They are both similar height and weight, so I think Jake has the ability to play that role as well with his genetics.

no they arent Jake is 2cm taller and bigger, 8-10kg bigger, Kade is a lot more mobile and with better skills

Jake has the size and mobility of a 2nd KPD, a traditional 3rd tall is more like Stewart, someone who is a bit shorter leaner and more mobile

If Jake had better skills then he could possibly play as a 3rd tall, but putting him on a wing is mind boggling, you really want someone with pace and elite skills in that position.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
no they arent Jake is 2cm taller and bigger, 8-10kg bigger, Kade is a lot more mobile and with better skills

Jake has the size and mobility of a 2nd KPD, a traditional 3rd tall is more like Stewart, someone who is a bit shorter leaner and more mobile

If Jake had better skills then he could possibly play as a 3rd tall, but putting him on a wing is mind boggling, you really want someone with pace and elite skills in that position.

Ah true he is 3cm taller. Had always thought they where identical twins. Was wrong.

Is a lot to like about Jake; very aggressive and physical at the ball and contest, strong overhead and reads the flight of the ball well in the air.

Once he fully develops his defensive game and naturally develops his attaching game further he could be a very good player.

2017 was a bit of a hampered year for him pre season wise, so we will see how this season works out to know more where he is at.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Look forward to the wing-induced melts.

I thought he played very well on the wing in the final against Sydney. Got into the contest and really provided a physical bash and crash style of presence at times. Was very physically imposing and provided good run. He had a strong impact on the game when he got involved around the contest

When he looks good he looks very good, I agree with what Goggin Our Best mentioned earlier that he can drift in and our a bit much.. I also think that at times he doesn't have the urgency. . But I hope that is an experience thing staying switched on more and learning when he needs to be on and to go

Back