#16 - Kade Kolodjashnij - traded to MFC with May for pick 6

Whether they should or shouldn't be model citizens setting upstanding individual examples to children, thats what clubs, and the league expect, and doing the opposite has proven to be career limiting, so continue at his peril.

I'll admit that it's been a while since I've been a regular at any bar or club, so their floors may have become the height of hygiene, but I'd be pretty surprised if your average bouncer didn't view lying on the floor as evidence that someone is carrying on like a goose, and it's time for them to leave.
so he was kicked out now, was he?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
As someone who got into their fair share of poor spots as a young man, not going to weigh in on that side. Doesn't really bother me that he's done it. It's not a great look, but it's not something to hang a bloke for either.

Players shouldn't have to be model citizens. That's today's popular and widely accepted viewpoint that "the children" must not be exposed to any aberrant behaviour from people they look up to, which is a load of cobbler's.
This isn’t the first time when I have totally agreed with you, but it might be the first time I have said so.

Children have always picked heroes. I had any number, and virtually all had either already proven, or later proved, that they had ******* elements. It didn’t mean I automatically followed their footsteps in every aspect of their life. Why today is any different is beyond me. Everyone has to be perfect 24/7 or else it might influence the kiddies? Spare me.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
This isn’t the first time when I have totally agreed with you, but it might be the first time I have said so.

Children have always picked heroes. I had any number, and virtually all had either already proven, or later proved, that they had ******* elements. It didn’t mean I automatically followed their footsteps in every aspect of their life. Why today is any different is beyond me. Everyone has to be perfect 24/7 or else it might influence the kiddies? Spare me.
As I said previously, whether is does have any effect on the kids or not is completely irrelevant. Clubs and the league don't want the negative press saying it does, lest mothers believe it, and stop their kids from following the game.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whether they should or shouldn't be model citizens setting upstanding individual examples to children, thats what clubs, and the league expect, and doing the opposite has proven to be career limiting, so continue at his peril.

You're not wrong, but that doesn't make it right. If Hogan is on his Chrissy holidays, then he in theory can unwind as he pleases (within reason yada yada). Being out all night seeking soft and comforting laps while under the influence of whatever choice poison he's indulging in won't do him any favours, but if he turns up in decent nick when training recommences, then whatever.

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

My memory isn't great, but generally the conversations I recall us having involve a less than favourable viewpoint.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
My memory isn't great, but generally the conversations I recall us having involve a less than favourable viewpoint.
That’s clearly just your memory playing up though. The way I recall it our hearts and minds sing as one.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
That’s clearly just your memory playing up though. The way I recall it our hearts and minds sing as one.

tumblr_mev8ssqpG91rjt62wo1_400.gif

Edit: Meh, that'll have to do.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
As I said previously, whether is does have any effect on the kids or not is completely irrelevant. Clubs and the league don't want the negative press saying it does, lest mothers believe it, and stop their kids from following the game.
I know that and you know that.

The league is stupid (and not for the first time) in getting paranoid that mums will suddenly withdraw their kiddies from Auskick or watching footy or whatever because of Hogan sleeping on a deck or Buddy getting a million strikes or Swan doing Swan stuff or Greene kicking blokes in the head.

Mums worried about that s**t 30 years ago when they had time to spare. Today’s mums do too, and they have no more time to spare - less probably - then 30 years ago. The game survived their worry. It will again, even if Jesse goes full LSD nude running through Perth, or Bob Murphy gets arrested as a serial killer (not out of the question, I love the bloke but I reckon there is something funny behind his eyes) or Bob Skilton punches the Queen.

Inevitable negative press of some players of a group of 800 doing some dumb stuff a) isn’t harmful, and b) can’t realistically be controlled or prevented.

The league spends far too much of its time trying to control messages that either can’t be swept under a rug and/or won’t make the slightest difference to the popularity or perception of the game. They should sit back a bit and leave the social control bollocks to the appointed and experienced professionals like Cardinal Pell.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Depends what you were after. If it was getting me to click one link that came up “error - page not found” and another link that gave me a bunch of random ads but no visible gif, then you totally nailed it.

http://www.gifbin.com/reverse/985317

I was trying to embed that fella, but gave up after 11 seconds of trying. I gave it my all.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
http://www.gifbin.com/reverse/985317

I was trying to embed that fella, but gave up after 11 seconds of trying. I gave it my all.
I had a go with the idea of proving myself more competent than you but ditched it after 12 seconds. I can’t even see the gif even on that link - just some text saying disco. So I’ll imagine it how I would like it to be. I would like it to be a video bite from the Disco Goodies episode. Nobody alive seems to remember it other than me but I reckon it was the crowning jewel of the series.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I had a go with the idea of proving myself more competent than you but ditched it after 12 seconds. I can’t even see the gif even on that link - just some text saying disco. So I’ll imagine it how I would like it to be. I would like it to be a video bite from the Disco Goodies episode. Nobody alive seems to remember it other than me but I reckon it was the crowning jewel of the series.

They had Rolf Harris pegged early doors. Prescient.

I know that and you know that.

The league is stupid (and not for the first time) in getting paranoid that mums will suddenly withdraw their kiddies from Auskick or watching footy or whatever because of Hogan sleeping on a deck or Buddy getting a million strikes or Swan doing Swan stuff or Greene kicking blokes in the head.

Mums worried about that s**t 30 years ago when they had time to spare. Today’s mums do too, and they have no more time to spare - less probably - then 30 years ago. The game survived their worry. It will again, even if Jesse goes full LSD nude running through Perth, or Bob Murphy gets arrested as a serial killer (not out of the question, I love the bloke but I reckon there is something funny behind his eyes) or Bob Skilton punches the Queen.

Inevitable negative press of some players of a group of 800 doing some dumb stuff a) isn’t harmful, and b) can’t realistically be controlled or prevented.

The league spends far too much of its time trying to control messages that either can’t be swept under a rug and/or won’t make the slightest difference to the popularity or perception of the game. They should sit back a bit and leave the social control bollocks to the appointed and experienced professionals like Cardinal Pell.

It’s an interesting conundrum. At what point are someone’s private actions worthy of public attention?

The comparison to Andrew Broad is interesting. Not defending his actions, but both of them are nominally actions undertaken in their private lives, outside of what could be considered public scrutiny.

The puritanical brigade are odd.

00Stinger dunno why you are so determined to defend the bloke. I don't care what he does in his spare time but as someone who's partaken in his fair share over the years that bloke looks cooked.

Jaws mashing and his wrist an fingers are curling. Blokes dropped a mad flippa
my point is flogs who take these pics and share them on social media as well as the ones just sharing them are w***ers. Especially when captioned 'feeling better we got rid of this guy'.

I dont care who the player is tbh. I have seen football players I hate in much worse condition than Hogan, last thing I would do is take a pic and share it. Probably because I huess that is probably because Im not a flog though

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
anyway back to KK, there's been reports from a couple of observers at training that this guy is looking the goods so far. strong 2 way runner with a slick skill set. should slot onto the wing nicely next year I reckon.

anyway back to KK, there's been reports from a couple of observers at training that this guy is looking the goods so far. strong 2 way runner with a slick skill set. should slot onto the wing nicely next year I reckon.
This is interesting. Lots of GC watchers said he was useless there but you have to wonder if it was because everyone else was useless?

Not to mention that part of it had to be loss of confidence from the concussions.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
This is interesting. Lots of GC watchers said he was useless there but you have to wonder if it was because everyone else was useless?

Not to mention that part of it had to be loss of confidence from the concussions.
Firstly ... there are GC track watchers?

Secondly, something was obviously up with him at GC, be it his head/neck issues, or he'd just checked out and needed to get out of there, because I still think of him in his first couple of years when I saw a fair bit of the Suns, and he was a gun

Given training reports, he obviously needed the change of scenery and he's back where he was.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

There were Essendon people who said Melk and Pig were useless, Melbourne fans who said Howe was useless etc. It's not about what he has done it's about what he can do. Maybe it's nothing, but the way the club have pumped him up tells me their is expectations.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
my point is flogs who take these pics and share them on social media as well as the ones just sharing them are w***ers. Especially when captioned 'feeling better we got rid of this guy'.

I dont care who the player is tbh. I have seen football players I hate in much worse condition than Hogan, last thing I would do is take a pic and share it. Probably because I huess that is probably because Im not a flog though

Forgot to reply. I agree about dickheads uploading photos of others. It's no one's business and you are scum if you do it.

Back