Kade Simpson - Taking up a coaching position with Hawthorn.

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Awesome , is Fish still an assistant AFLW coach ?

On SM-T580 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brad Fisher has stepped away for personal reasons, Simmo is replacing him. They're best friends (or childhood friends anyway) so probably recommended Kade for the job.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
" His role will also expand to the Club’s new standalone side in the VFL and East Coast Second-Tier Competition, where Simpson will be a line coach, working closely with the AFL side’s young players in helping them take their development to the next level. "
Working with the youngsters!

Now listen up kids, back when I was in school with your fathers...

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Simmo gets a promotion - into a newly created development role. Will also be working closely with Luke Power, bringing more connection between the two programs 👏🏻

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Good luck to him. Owes our club absolutely nothing.

Interesting that a few on here insist on taking retrospective pot shots "didn't get on well with the young guys", "wasn't a great teammate". Would seem unlikely that he would get a gig like this if that was the case. Oh well, the uninformed haters gotta gate.

Go well Kade, you are a legend of the carlton football club who stuck tight through some of our toughest times.

I posted this elsewhere, but reposting here in case anyone missed it...

This is an infographic Simmo uses to teach players to never show your emotions to your opponent....

1668048169929-png.1551653

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
All the best to Kade Simpson, he'll do well and a very astute move by Sam Mitchell too.
Kade gave us his all and beyond always, I'll have the highest respect for the great Blue Bagger.
It's unfortunate we lost his services, will be an excellent coach in time .

Back