Toast Kade Simpson you are the heart and soul of this footy club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie Everywhere will be busy hanging off the end of fat vlad's knob trying to get Wellingham off with 2 weeks. That useless little scum sucker from the filth will get 4 weeks after taking an early plea if everything is right in the world. But Eddie Everywhere will be working his bollocks off to get him off with 2 weeks. And if that happens, I will be writing letters to the entire board of the AFL complaining about the bullshit decision.

If Taylor Walker's sling tackle is considered worse than a straight up shirtfront that left a man with a broken jaw then the entire AFL commission (bar Fitzy) and the MRP needs to resign because they are ******* the game over big time.

If he gets off with just 2 weeks... if I was Carlton, I would be suing him for simmo's wages for the 4 weeks he is off work because of that little thug and I would be suing Collingwood for not disciplining their players properly.

I don't know exactly how it works but a MRP penalty of 4 weeks is not justified after a callous shirtfront resulting in a broken jaw and 4 weeks on the sidelines to the injured player. It just doesn't seem fair.

In theses circumstances, if the MRP is limited by rules as to the penalty it can hand down, then it should have discretion to refer the matter to the Tribunal to consider the consequences on the injured player and deliver a just penalty.

He probably wanted to check out his handy work - there is a photo of it just when he is making contact - shoulder dropped and a smug look on his face. Not to mention he ran wide and cut in at the last moment to make sure he didn't collect Shaw.

Pathetic comment from Wellingham. Then he tries to joke about Robbos "brain capacity".

WELLINGHAM, you will never be half the man Robbo or Simpson are.

Clearly high contact, and almost certainly will be graded 'severe' impact.

If so, and Wellingham gets done for 'intentional' conduct, then he triggers 9 activation points and goes stright to the tribunal - an early plea will not help him, and he will almost certainly get the book thrown at him.

Intent is a hard one to prove however.

The question for the MRP is "can an inference be reasonably drawn from all the evidence available that indicates that Wellingham had formed the intent to engage in rough conduct at the time the offence occurred?"

As long as it can be reasonably inferred from all the evidence that Wellingham formed the necessary intent (even in a split second decision prior to the offence occurring) he is in some serious strife.

As discussed above, if the MRP are able to infer from his actions leading up to the contact that he had formed the necessary intent to engage in 'rough conduct' (and they grade the impact as severe and the contact as high) it goes straight to tribunal (do not pass Go) and he could face some very severe sanctions indeed.

If it does go to tribunal then expect Collingwood FC silks to be attempting to argue it back down to 'reckless' at the hearing.

Intresting to hear that Wellingham has all but admitted to an intent to hurt Simpson (but was sorry he hurt him as bad as he did). In addition to some fairly damning video evidence, a pretty clear inference can be drawn from these comments that he intended to engage in rough conduct (i.e. he may have just hung himself).

Hope they do charge him with severe/ high/ intentional, but I reckon it may just be classed as reckless instead (either from the MRP or via succesful arguments at tribunal).

Whoever said earlier that Wellingham is a smug little campaigner who should pay for his dog act could not be more on the money.

Alternately, my man-love for Simmo continues to grow. The oft-bemoaned lack of passion some players have 'for the jumper' is often illustrated (in comparison) by this little man's guts and bravery in the contest. Love you mate!

Whoever said earlier that Wellingham is a smug little silly who should pay for his dog act could not be more on the money.

Alternately, my man-love for Simmo continues to grow. The oft-bemoaned lack of passion some players have 'for the jumper' is often illustrated (in comparison) by this little man's guts and bravery in the contest. Love you mate!

The ONLY good thing to come out of this is recognition for the astounding work of Simmo, week-in week-out. And it's telling that it was a cruel act like this brought his consecutive run to an end and no action on his part. Here's to you Simmo - one of the true greats of the CFC.

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and express my regrets over Simmo. He's a great player that you should be proud of. Wellers will cop a good few weeks for this brain fade and I don't think there are even any Collingwood supporters who think otherwise. Anyway, I wish Simmo a speedy recovery and all the best for the remainder of the year!

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and express my regrets over Simmo. He's a great player that you should be proud of. Wellers will cop a good few weeks for this brain fade and I don't think there are even any Collingwood supporters who think otherwise. Anyway, I wish Simmo a speedy recovery and all the best for the remainder of the year!

Good on ya PieNSauce. Thanks for the well wishes.

Nice post PieNSauce. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice post PieNSauce. :thumbsu:

Congrats PnS, you have the goddess approval. Noice.

Which I have since elsewhere put into context. I will freely admit again that those words sound wrong because the context wasn't clear. The only point I meant to make was that despite the stupidity of it he showed by going hard that he had a bit of ticker. It was a really dumb thing to do and I think he knows it. Nobody rejoices over the consequences though.

He showed nothing of the sort.
Look, it's difficult to express what I was saying in words. It would have been better to say that there was no ticker shown by many of our guys. In the end, fair cop, I have already acknowledged that it was a bad post which was probably done in the heat of the moment. I clearly wouldn't be coming in here to express my sympathy if I was happy about it and I hope you guys will take that on face value.

Look, it's difficult to express what I was saying in words. It would have been better to say that there was no ticker shown by many of our guys. In the end, fair cop, I have already acknowledged that it was a bad post which was probably done in the heat of the moment. I clearly wouldn't be coming in here to express my sympathy if I was happy about it and I hope you guys will take that on face value.

It was good of you to come in and express your regret of what happened to Simmo.

We all say stuff that we don't mean or doesn't come out right at the time, so its nothing against you. Im just very unhappy with your man Wellingham at the moment.

It was good of you to come in and express your regret of what happened to Simmo.

We all say stuff that we don't mean or doesn't come out right at the time, so its nothing against you. Im just very unhappy with your man Wellingham at the moment.
Yep. Fair enough too. Anyway, as I've said before, I hope he has a speedy recovery and we get to see him play again soon. Gun player!

What a load, hopefully someone fixes up the squibb in his first game back so he misses the appropriate amount of time..
The AFL is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back