Confirmed Kaiden Brand [DFA, signed with Sydney]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrosia

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Makes sense to me. Big guy who’s pretty good defensively and can take an intercept mark but struggles with the Hawks possessions style game plan due to his poor disposal.

Probably a toss up between Brand and Hartley at the best available bargain basement big bodied KPD.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Happy enough with this pick up.
Gives us some much needed height in a KPD, brings in some experience to a very young team. He has played under a good coach in a good structure. HE could be quite serviceable for another 5 years

mikey_san

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
We really needed someone to guard the big forwards and allow Rampe to take the second or third and AA to drift off and take intercept marks. Happy to see how he goes, seems to have been in good form in the VFL so that is definitely an upgrade on our depth. Could well be starting round 1, thus a good pick up.
He'll be given every chance to succeed in our system.

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
Decent closing speed for a big guy. Was serviceable 1on1. Sometimes panicked and held on and he also has questionable disposal.

Thuggee_Cult

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney
Fills an immediate need especially with Grundy leaving and doesn’t cost us much,
I think he worth a punt on for a year or two.

From what I have seen of him I think he is actually ok by by foot but does double grab his marks at times and can panic a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom