(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Welcome to the Swans young man. Some big shoes to fill in defence, just remember that none of them started with a blaze of glory, but they sure left that way.

Play your role, it is what you make of it. I’m sure you’re happy finally wearing colours that don’t make you want to vomit

Go Bloods:largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

grimlock

Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2001
Luke Parker's Bandwagon
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, NSW
VFL stats

2019 (Box Hill Hawks)
Totals

• 14 games
  • 2 goals
  • 4 behinds
  • 6 times in best players list

Averages
  • 11.4 kicks
  • 4.8 handballs
  • 16.2 disposals
  • 7.8 marks
  • 2.2 tackles
  • 0.4 frees for
  • 0.5 frees against
  • 0.4 clearances
  • 0.4 hitouts
  • 1.4 inside 50s
  • 3.6 rebound 50s
  • 76.50 Dream Team points
2018 (Box Hill Hawks)
Totals

• 14 games
  • 0 goals
  • 1 behind
  • 1 time in best players list

Averages
  • 11.6 kicks
  • 5.0 handballs
  • 16.6 disposals
  • 6.6 marks
  • 1.5 tackles
  • 0.5 frees for
  • 0.7 frees against
  • 0.9 inside 50s
  • 4.6 rebound 50s
  • 69.07 Dream Team points
2017 No VFL games

2016 (Box Hill Hawks)
Totals

• 7 games
  • 1 goal
  • 1 behind
  • 1 time in best players list

Averages
  • 10.3 kicks
  • 5.4 handballs
  • 15.7 disposals
  • 6.1 marks
  • 2.3 tackles
  • 0.6 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 1.0 inside 50s
  • 3.0 rebound 50s
  • 69.14 Dream Team points

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
You might be pleasantly surprised with what Brand can offer.

Seen him play some pretty solid games for the Hawks. Good overhead mark and pretty good skills for a big fella.

For some reason though Clarko never sermed to take to him.
Did you think Frawley was significantly better than Brand as a player over the last couple of seasons? It seemed that they were competing for the one spot, by my reckoning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
Adds some depth and if Melican continues to struggle could force his way in.
Was thinking that. Melican isn't much chop, there is a good chance here for Brand to get an opportunity and become best 22.

Simon Crawshay

All Australian
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did you think Frawley was significantly better than Brand as a player over the last couple of seasons? It seemed that they were competing for the one spot, by my reckoning.
I think Frawley actually had almost his best year for the Hawks this year so in that regards I suppose he was significantly better than Brand this year at least.

I always felt though that the Hawks never did Brand any favors by constantly dropping him after only a couple of games in a row.

If he has a coach who backs him in for an extended run of games I think he could actually be a handy player. He certainly has the physical attributes and the skills, for Kaiden it is more about the mental side and gaining confidence in his ability to compete at AFL level.

RobbieK

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Berlin
AFL Club
Sydney
Brand’s signing says a bit about where Melican is at.

Reckon he’s a prudent signing as he fills a real need.
With Grundy retired, Pink not earning another contract and Maibaum possibly not on the list next year too, it is clear we had to bolster our key defence stocks. It doesn't necessarily reflect a lack of confidence in Melican. It might... but not necessarily.

detox

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dead set thought that Brand must have accidently sent a Rodney shot to Clarkos wife by mistake. Clarko gave Tim O brien 50 games to come good. Brand showed enough for me but never got the chance to develop. Coach didn't like him.

Pros : good size, beautiful kick, quick & Athletic. Does right most of the time. Dominates VFL

Cons: panics under pressure at times, and sometimes just has moments of spuddery.

Was always still a new player and never got a solid run at it. I reckon it could end up being a very astute pickup.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Dead set thought that Brand must have accidently sent a Rodney shot to Clarkos wife by mistake. Clarko gave Tim O brien 50 games to come good. Brand showed enough for me but never got the chance to develop. Coach didn't like him.

Pros : good size, beautiful kick, quick & Athletic. Does right most of the time. Dominates VFL

Cons: panics under pressure at times, and sometimes just has moments of spuddery.

Was always still a new player and never got a solid run at it. I reckon it could end up being a very astute pickup.

Adelaide fans told us Mattner panicked under pressure but he turned out to be a great player for us so I hope we can s the same thing with Brand.

mtooler

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney

Yeah my take is the same as yours, I've watched plenty of his AFL games and confident in his capability as our new fullback.

RobbieK

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Berlin
AFL Club
Sydney
That is such a low bar for 2019 Melican its not even a bar.
Can we cut him some slack? He is still only 22, he had a whole year out due to injury and then due to injuries to our KPD stocks he got pushed on to some of the stronger forwards in the game when before he might have taken the second or third best in the opponents forward line. He didn't do as well as he did in 2017, certainly, but I don't really get the non-stop sniping.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
Can we cut him some slack? He is still only 22, he had a whole year out due to injury and then due to injuries to our KPD stocks he got pushed on to some of the stronger forwards in the game when before he might have taken the second or third best in the opponents forward line. He didn't do as well as he did in 2017, certainly, but I don't really get the non-stop sniping.
Exactly Robbie.
Reg Grundy came of age at about 23 years & without the hiccup of an injury interrupted season that Melican had in 2018 so no doubt he is rated by the club.

sataris

Perfect Marshmallow
Feb 15, 2015
Singapore
AFL Club
Sydney
I will cut him the appropriate slack when he's no longer a professional footballer, taking a list spot, and earning a salary.

Top Bottom