Recommitted Kamdyn McIntosh [re-signed until 2023]

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
A bit of media this morning that he'd be open to exploring his options for more opportunity. Was witheld from the VFL premiership side to be on standby for the AFL squad. Dropped in round 8 after signing his two year extension and couldn't break into the side after that.

25 years old and from Pinjarra, played for Peel in the WAFL.

What's his value? I'm thinking a mid-late second rounder (25-35).

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I may be in the minority but I would be happy for Adelaide to give up a pick between 30-35 for him. However, I doubt that Richmond would be interested in letting him go with their current list situation.

Interestin one, given he's contracted he'd normally costa a little more but given he's not best 22 (even if its at the premiers) there is only so much you can get. Would think pick 40 odd would get it done if asked to get out

Tigers would probably be happy to save some more cap space

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
We don’t have a 3rd or 4th rounder.
Maybe we offer future 2nd for the pair.
Pick 26 this year is too high IMO.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
A 4th or 5th round pick.
Good to see you back , You been missing a while since the Cats/Tigers game after all the interesting posts you put out there

McIntosh is a required and contracted player , No chance he lets go for a stupid trade like you suggested

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Interestin one, given he's contracted he'd normally costa a little more but given he's not best 22 (even if its at the premiers) there is only so much you can get. Would think pick 40 odd would get it done if asked to get out

Tigers would probably be happy to save some more cap space

Na i would reckon the club wants to keep macca

Good to see you back , You been missing a while since the Cats/Tigers game after all the interesting posts you put out there

McIntosh is a required and contracted player , No chance he lets go for a stupid trade like you suggested
He's had 24 or more disposals 4 or 5 times (I think) in his 90 game career and there's better kicking techniques in AFLW.

He is an A grade spud.

If any club is silly enough to hand over something other than a 4th round pick then start laughing.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
we could throw in a pick to level it out.

It might depend on what we get for Langdon.
Say we get 22 (Melbourne's 2nd) we may be more willing to part with 26 for McIntosh and say Richmond's 39. Not a huge upgrade but your next pick is 72 which is next to useless.
If Melbourne offer us 40 for Langdon I couldn't even see us wanting to trade that for McIntosh... although that's probably bang on what he'd be worth.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He's had 24 or more disposals 4 or 5 times (I think) in his 90 game career and there's better kicking techniques in AFLW.

He is an A grade spud.

If any club is silly enough to hand over something other than a 4th round pick then start laughing.
LOL you really have no idea about the Richmond game plan do you ! McIntosh is not there to accumulate possessions he is there to cut out players from useing the fat side of the ground to get out of our defence and to block space with his speed and running ability, He was sent to the VFL to learn a new role and thats the only reason he was dropped but with Ellis gone he will be straight back into the side.

A grade spud , You would know as the cats have a club full of them , Did you enjoy the Prelim ?
I have to get around to quote all your posts that were Sooo Soooo WRONGGG

LOL you really have no idea about the Richmond game plan do you ! McIntosh is not there to accumulate possessions he is there to cut out players from useing the fat side of the ground to get out of our defence and to block space with his speed and running ability, He was sent to the VFL to learn a new role and thats the only reason he was dropped but with Ellis gone he will be straight back into the side.

A grade spud , You would know as the cats have a club full of them , Did you enjoy the Prelim ?
Merely my opinion. No need to throw a tantrum Damien.

Your delivery of your point is real average, but your message is right.

He covers the fat side and stops opposition runners finding space. Why couldn't another elite runner do the same? The answer is that they could. The sacrificial mid roles are given to the least damaging, hardest working players.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

He is an A grade spud.

Snagged 3 in a Qualifying Final. You can have your thoughts. Doesnt mean they aint poohouse opinions

He covers the fat side and stops opposition runners finding space. Why couldn't another elite runner do the same? The answer is that they could. The sacrificial mid roles are given to the least damaging, hardest working players.

hes also huge hard and tough

Your opinion is as hopeless as your coaching Chris
Kamdyn would fit well into our team according to you Damien ... our players like to guard grass too just like the role you've given old mate.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Th delivery was due to him posting so much rubbish prior to the prelim and has been missing since (typical)

Unless people actually watch Richmond games live and see the work Kamdyn puts in in covering the ground on the fat side which holds up the opposition from getting out or switching play they would not know or appreciate his value or worth, David king once pointed this out and accredited McIntosh for shutting down the other teams offensive side.

He is also a great clubman and team mate which is constantly talked about by the players in the Richmond podcast.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Kamdyn would fit well into our team according to you Damien ... our players like to guard grass too just like the role you've given old mate.
He sure would , Kamdyn would be the only player in your team that has the ability to run apart from guthrie and would probably be able to take care of all the old players your list has

Back