Recommitted Kamdyn McIntosh [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

You havent watched him play. Watched him live against freo this year. His kicking is ridiculously good most the time. Just by the way Captain Clueless the kicking technique of plenty of AFLW players would be better than a LOT of afl players. Might be a good idea to watch some of the things you are talking about.
I sit comfortably with my opinion, thanks.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
With Ellis give the wing is open again. McIntosh will play plenty inn2020.
I probably doubt this with predicted improvement from Naish, Stack to return might send Baker up the ground (Or Stack might even play wing), Ross or RCD might come in shifting others to play more on the wing, Higgins will return at some point (late), then there's always the chance someone breaks out in the preseason like an unexpected draftee, new recruit or a random like Menadue if he doesn't get cut.

Macintosh is a role player, but he's limited and likely to be behind a few others next year.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
You must be easily amused if a 19 point loss makes you laugh. I was at the game, no Richmond supporter was laughing at half time.

No cats supporter was laughing at 3/4 time either!

To be honest I thought the cats looked tired heading into half time.

I'll take outscoring our opponents by 40 points after half time any day!

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I probably doubt this with predicted improvement from Naish, Stack to return might send Baker up the ground (Or Stack might even play wing), Ross or RCD might come in shifting others to play more on the wing, Higgins will return at some point (late), then there's always the chance someone breaks out in the preseason like an unexpected draftee, new recruit or a random like Menadue if he doesn't get cut.

Macintosh is a role player, but he's limited and likely to be behind a few others next year.
Picket I think will play on the wing a bit too. For what its worth I know his full story after meeting him through my work. Never been more happy for a Premiership player. I support freo so he doesnt have anyone from the team I support to contend with in that department unfortunately. Didnt show it on Grand Final day, but he has an amazing leap and can take a pack mark. Ive seen him go up for centre bounces at WAFL level for South Freo. I do mean ridiculous leap like Daryl White for Brisbane back in the day. Him and Stack will be excitement machines next year for your team.

Last edited:

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Played 16 games this year , several of them after round 8
AFL media have no ******* idea
Kmac played his last AFL game for us R17 and then played VFL for the remainder of the year.
I was surprised at the time that he got dropped his form had been up and down a bit but overall solid.
Hope he gets over the disappointment and stays, going by Balmy’s comments (which you can’t always rely on) he’ll be wearing Y&B next year

Mahlepi

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2015
danger zone
AFL Club
Geelong
LOL you really have no idea about the Richmond game plan do you ! McIntosh is not there to accumulate possessions he is there to cut out players from useing the fat side of the ground to get out of our defence and to block space with his speed and running ability, He was sent to the VFL to learn a new role and thats the only reason he was dropped but with Ellis gone he will be straight back into the side.

A grade spud , You would know as the cats have a club full of them , Did you enjoy the Prelim ?
I have to get around to quote all your posts that were Sooo Soooo WRONGGG
Given a one game rookie was preferred, he is there to warm the pine

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Given a one game rookie was preferred, he is there to warm the pine
Um no. You realize that it only took a couple of games for Picket to show Richmond coaching staff that he was a ridiculous talent. Thats why he was preferred. Nothing to do with them not rating Mcintosh.

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why? We have tones of depth in the wing position even with Ellis leaving.
Naish, Egg, Stack, Turner will all be good afl players and all play wing. Even Higgins was playing wing this year
I’d be say to see KMac go if he does but no great loss.
I would have thought that given Richmond are obviously well and truly in premiership contention that they would be reluctant to give up anyone even if they are just outside off their best 22. As I said though, I would happily have him at Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
I would have thought that given Richmond are obviously well and truly in premiership contention that they would be reluctant to give up anyone even if they are just outside off their best 22. As I said though, I would happily have him at Adelaide.
True I see your point and you never know what injures you get.
I’d like to keep him but it’s not the end of the world if we loose him

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
And he already knows the Richmond theme song ;)

He would do well at the Crows , Kid probably needs a new start and the crows will pay well

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
And he already knows the Richmond theme song ;)

He would do well at the Crows , Kid probably needs a new start and the crows will pay well
Pick 20 for him and manedue and pick 40. A bit tight arse after Weller deal or learn from past mistake.

The thread has some mentions of KMac's size. His 191 cm and 91 kg. He can go with a runner like Whitfield, does not miss tackles and he can also compete in the air against KPFs and rucks when the long-down-the-line kick comes. Rare combination. I can't think of another current winger like him.

When he was dropped, he was being played as KPD in the VFL - probably to learn Broad's role and provide some depth there.

Prefer to see him stay at Richmond, and reckon he'll be in the 22 next year, but who knows.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I would rather keep Mcintosh , You can have Menadue
Not for pick 20 maybe GC Richmond third round pick for Menadue . Able to pre list Budarick see no point of keeping that pick now. Also 10 rookie spots for Rejected Goods from other club or state league players.

Big bodied, elite runner and hard as nails and will bleed for the team.
Kicking poor and struggles to adjust to game plans etc.
I'd be happy to keep him. He's a heart and soul type of player that clubs need.
But it might be in his interests to move on.
I have no doubt the team ending up with him will be glad they got him.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Would only take this bloke if we're getting a decent pick back (25-30) or if he's involved in a trade for a player like Cerra.

Elsewise keep him. Fan fave for a reason!

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon one of these Richmond fringe players is headed to GC for a fourth or fifth rounder. The deal was that if GC offer Ellis a big enough contract to get Band 2 compo then they can have one of these guys for chips. Similar deal to last year when GC didn't match the Lynch bid in return for C Ellis and Miles for next to nothing.
It would also explain why Richmond are sooking it up over the compo so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back