Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
He's probably worth around pick 50.

With Ellis gone I think we need to keep one of either McIntosh or Menadue. McIntosh is more proven, Menadue maybe has a higher ceiling.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Any player not best 22 wont yield more than a third round or upgrade on picks.

Define best 22 !

He has played just about every game last 3 years and only dropped last 6 games to work on his defensive side and will be back specially now Ellis is gone and the team thinks highly enough to give him a contract extensions

Kamdyn McIntosh
25 yo
90 games
26 goals

Connor Blakely
23 (23 in feb)
60 games
2 goals

So whats blakely worth ?

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Define best 22 !

He has played just about every game last 3 years and only dropped last 6 games to work on his defensive side and will be back specially now Ellis is gone and the team thinks highly enough to give him a contract extensions

Kamdyn McIntosh
25 yo
90 games
26 goals

Connor Blakely
23 (23 in feb)
60 games
2 goals

So whats blakely worth ?

I’d have Blakely worth an early 3rd or an upgrade on picks.

Thought we were talking about McIntosh?

Menadue will come for a 2-3 year deal, opportunity on the wing and Richmond will be offered an insulting pick which they’ll begrudgingly accept.
You're right, Richmond will give Connor every chance to make it at another club and at the end of the day will accept a pick we'll not use or a slight upgrade on an earlier pick. If a player is not required we still want to give them a chance to have a career elsewhere. It's good business.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Define best 22 !

Kamdyn McIntosh
25 yo
90 games
26 goals

Connor Blakely
23 (23 in feb)
60 games
2 goals

So whats blakely worth ?
If McIntosh is your best 22, he doesn’t leave.

Blakely, isn’t worth much. Last season was very underwhelming and he hooked up with Langdon’s ex.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Blakely, isn’t worth much. Last season was very underwhelming and he hooked up with Langdon’s ex.

I actually think he is best 22, or best 25 at least especially given that Ellis has left.

I wish KMac was playing every week this year instead of Ellis for that matter.

Fortunately RFC has a huge amount of talent pushing for senior selection - Rance, Graham, Stack, Ross & Macintosh all missed out on the AFL and are best 22-25 minimum. Other blokes like Chol, Balta, Callum Coleman-Jones, Riley Collier-Dawkins etc > all will see more senior opportunity next year.

However given KMac is contracted we have no need to trade him for a bag of peanuts!

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
What you reckon a fair value for mcintosh? Definitely an upgrade to GHS.
Well i rate him and dont want to see him go , People who dont follow Richmond would not rate him as highly but we watch him weekly and know how important he is to both our game plan and our team. With Kamdyn on the fat side of the wing he is hard and tough and runs all day and is uncompromising

personally i wouldnt let him go for anything lower than 20-25 but would prefer he stay than pick #20
but like i said its how i rate him for our team

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

For me he certainly is best 22

Blakely is not the best looking bloke what the hell was Langdon's ex thinking , Fyfe must not have answered the call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Contracted but believe he becomes a free agent in 12 moths time.
Whist not the most talented player is actually pretty important to our game plan and structure

Can see him leaving for $$$$ next year as he wouldnt be earning alot at Richmond
Seems like a possible candidate to be traded a year before free agency given the strength of Richmond's list? Similar to Nathan Broad, although he's already OOC.

Accepted 04

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems like a possible candidate to be traded a year before free agency given the strength of Richmond's list? Similar to Nathan Broad, although he's already OOC.

Maybe.. the only difference though is currently Richmond don’t have anyone to take his spot. Don’t really have much talent at the wing atm

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Any chance this bloke gets tipped out?
He'd be gettable for sure. Far from the highest priority to keep so if someone offered either more responsibility/ more money/ a return home, he'd be a fairly cheap pick up.

Hardworking foot soldier and great well liked clubman, but if caps get tight then yeh there could be a better team for him.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He is certainly a player that Richmond would like to keep but wont go overs to keep him with the depth we have on the list currently, We have kids which non richmond supporters wouldnt know that will be pushing for selection next year like Turner,Ralph-Smith,Naish,English as well as Markov who has recently gotten games. He would most likely be on $300k-$350k at Richmond.

But if he really wanted to leave i think the club wouldnt stand in his way

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
He is certainly a player that Richmond would like to keep but wont go overs to keep him with the depth we have on the list currently, We have kids which non richmond supporters wouldnt know that will be pushing for selection next year like Turner,Ralph-Smith,Naish,English as well as Markov who has recently gotten games. He would most likely be on $300k-$350k at Richmond.

But if he really wanted to leave i think the club wouldnt stand in his way
It's the kind of attrition that occurs in teams who've been up and about for four years. The 27-year-old role players can get squeezed out.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
It's the kind of attrition that occurs in teams who've been up and about for four years. The 27-year-old role players can get squeezed out.
True ..........

Thats where i love the way Richmond have gone about the drafting of young players the last 4 years , We have taken our full quota in the last 4 drafts and will do so again and are actually replenishing the list as we go along with some really exciting young players coming through
Balta , Bolton , Baker , CCJ , RCD , Graham , Ross , Naish , Higgins , Ralph-Smith just to name a few with another 10 nobody would have hear about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back