Opinion Kamdyn McIntosh - Protected Species

Remove this Banner Ad

Good size but average kicking and decision making skills. Either needs to highly improve these (like Grigg) or he will eventually be phased out. I don't mind him on the wing, but needs to go back to the VFL for a spell and dominate games. He needs to get more of the ball and use his damaging run to effect.

I am in Perth and saw him live a couple of weeks ago. I think he is fantastic. In my humble opinion (though my wife would argue my opinion is far from humble) it is not fair to judge his performance unless you are seeing him live. The hard running that outside runners do, is not captured well on TV. I can only go on the game against Freo but the guy ran to spaces, filled space and created contests so well. None of it gets mentioned, there are no stats but there are very few in our team who can run so hard and be a big strong body. If his form has dropped off I think he has some credit in the bank.

If in a few weeks and in the opinion of only those who are actually at the game he is not performing then fine, give him a rest but I think it is very important to make the distinction between reviewing his performance form TV vs being live at the game.

People have their judgement clouded by stats and supercoach points. I think he has been quite good with his run his taking and run into space (unrewarded running).

Perhaps the dumbest footballer I have ever seen and now see why the coaching staff had such a hard time drilling game plans, set plays etc into him.
His upside though in that he is a good size and runs well.
I'm not sold. I would definitely play him in the twos for a while.

We've known for a while that to take the next step we need to improve our bottom six. We saw the club try to do that by bringing Hunt in last year and now consistently playing McIntosh, Ellis, Menadue. The difference between those 3 now and when they have 30 games under their belts will be enormous so with no one exactly banging down the door in the 2s its completely in our best interest to keep pumping games into them.

Perhaps the dumbest footballer I have ever seen and now see why the coaching staff had such a hard time drilling game plans, set plays etc into him.
His upside though in that he is a good size and runs well.
I'm not sold. I would definitely play him in the twos for a while.
maybe a bit harsh but for mine most tigerfans may have blown their loads a bit early on tosh and miles, miles worries me more, too s l o w to be a hard tag, or burst out of packs, not good overhead and cant spread like a grigg, and lacks the versitility of petterd, kicking is more solid than damaging... good with his hands, tackling and tough in and under player but priddis has smashed him badly the last two times. younger and less injury prone than thomas but at about the same level for mine, not as confident as most with these two going forward, but worth persisting with for sure.

maybe a bit harsh but for mine most tigerfans may have blown their loads a bit early on tosh and miles, miles worries me more, too s l o w to be a hard tag, or burst out of packs, not good overhead and cant spread like a grigg, and lacks the versitility of petterd, kicking is more solid than damaging... good with his hands, tackling and tough in and under player but priddis has smashed him badly the last two times. younger and less injury prone than thomas but at about the same level for mine, not as confident as most with these two going forward, but worth persisting with for sure.
Miles is a good depth midfielder, which is why we need more skilful mids. There's a place for him, but I tend to agree with you on your points.

He will get there in time, but he could use a run in the VFL to find some footy and dominate a couple of games.
I don't think he's capable of even dominating a VFL game. He's not that type of player. Agree he should go back there though.

i thought in this forum we wanted to persist with the youth, and now that we do we complain? Plus he hasnt been that bad at all
Only when they're smashing it, soon as they have a few quiet ones we wanna go back to playing tried spuds :p

The coaching staff see what most of us see in McIntosh and that's that he's going to be an important player. He's not cemented in the senior team yet but he's going to be and the quicker we get experience into this bloke the sooner we see the dividends. Absolute last, the literal bottom item on our list of problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miles reminds me a little of Foley in his early yrs. Very similar players in they see ball get ball dish it out that has always been their strengths. This may seem a bit strange but Imo the way the game has gone their size has become the problem in foleys case, and is the problem in Miles case. Inside contested ball mids have become huge beasts in the main. It has become very hard for smaller players of a similar ilk to week in week out stay competetive. To Miles credit he plays some pretty decent footy still and remains hard at it.

He's had a great season. He wasn't the only one down on Friday night. Lets see howhe responds against the ducks.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

I've been saying this for ages on Miles, he's just an average player, nothing more but that is fine.

A thread slagging off Kamdyn, 11 games into his career :$

Take Kamdyn out of last weeks side and play anyone fit and available in the 2's and we still lose. Least of our worries.

If it was Petterd, Newy, Thomas etc in the side the coaches would be copping it for picking has-beens, but they are blooding some youth and now we have "protected species" :$

For his size, he's a wonderful runner and pace.
Teach him to hit targets and where to run and he could be a real weapon, very few taggers could go with him given his combination of running power and size.

15.9 touches a game, it's not that he can't get to the contest, it's that he doesn't know where to go to get the ball. Someone like Brandon Ellis or even Grigg should take Kamdyn under their wing and show him where to run to demand the footy.

Given all that, I still think he needs a fortnight in the VFL. 4 disposals in a game isn't great, and it will only be harder in Sydney. Bring him back in, round 15 against the Blues where it all started.

I got zero problem keeping this kid in the AFL...the only size replacement for him is Gordon...unless he is physically cooked, leave him there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back