Club History Kane Cornes picks his best 10 Port Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredders produced one of the greatest individual performances of all time against a decent Blues outfit at Optus Oval. It was majestic, a thing of pure beauty...then his knee blew out & ended one of the greatest footy orgasms I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing.

As for Gav, what can you say? You have to be a very special type of player to win a Brownlow off the back flank at the ripe old age of 20. Football royalty for mine, not only one of Ports all time greats, but one of the best modern day players to put on a pair of boots.

In: Pickett, Francou, Lade

Out: Boak, Westhoff, Wilson

I like Pickett as much as the next guy but he doesn't get close to the best 22 from the AFL era for mine. He played just 55 games for us, and is remembered a bit extra fondly by the Port faithful because of his Norm Smith (which i'd have given to Gav or P.Burgoyne), and his ability to bump.

And probably the worst kick in the league. Never finished top 5 in a Port BnF. Massively overrated footballer.
Just a suggestion. Step away from the keyboard for a few moments and go slap yourself around the head with a wet fish.
If anything, he was underrated (as your post proves)

The way he could get in and out of traffic was sublime. People forget how good he was.

As a neutral I would have Wanganeen ahead of Tredea.

Granted Tredders played more games but I prefer Gavin as a footballer. I would have Francou and Brendan Lade in their as well.
No. Tredrea was immensely underrated by people who only watched the occasional Port game.

Top 10 activities to expand Zak Butters social life

1. Ballroom dancing
2. Foreign language classes
3. Study uni part-time
4. Join the alt-right
5. Host a Tupperware party
6. Reach out to an old friend
7. Volunteer at an elderly home
8. Give out ‘free hugs’
9. Drive for Uber
10. Play a team sport

Remove this Banner Ad