Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist s**t stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 54 28.7%
  • Total s**t Stain

Votes: 96 51.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 20.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He needs to stop defending his position on Hinkley. Just come out and admit you're conflicted - that he's your ex coach, that you probably regard him as a friend, that your brother is employed under him - and that it's hard for you to have an unbiased opinion on the situation. Nobody will disrespect that stance.

This is genuinely disgusting cherrypicking of stats to suit his attack.

Let's put this in context - interrupted pre-season, have only had 2 players play every game, making massive changes every week due to covid, and clearly playing players who are still recovering and not 100%. Simpson's record speaks for itself - he's got his team with arguably very little star power to the Grand Final in 25% of seasons he has coached them and won a flag.

The sick thing is that what Kane is doing is seriously disrespectful of a bloke that has actually achieved things in the AFL.

Good to listen to David King call out Kane's hypocrisy on Hinkley this morning on SEN. Interesting that Kane noted that if Ken doesn't win the flag this year then he should likely go. His argument seems to be that the clamour for Hinkley to be given the arse should wait until the end of season. Why wait? We're not winning the flag this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to listen to David King call out Kane's hypocrisy on Hinkley this morning on SEN. Interesting that Kane noted that if Ken doesn't win the flag this year then he should likely go. His argument seems to be that the clamour for Hinkley to be given the arse should wait until the end of season. Why wait? We're not winning the flag this year.
Maybe wants to make sure ol mate gets his long service on the way out?

Never understood why people bothered listening to his dad, and now seems his son has taken over.

Would love to see a fact checker on these so call experts. I'd be more interested in watching a show that looks back over all their bullshit opinions and calls it for what it is.

David King is calling out hypocrisy? :$

Lycett is edging closer to a return and remains at the top of the depth chart and with other clubs desperate for ruckmen, Kane Cornes believes Hayes’ future may lie elsewhere.

“I guess the future for Sam is at another club, probably,” Cornes told SEN SA Breakfast.

“If you are not getting an opportunity four or five years into his career and the club is electing to play a key forward in ruck over you, I think the future for Sam unfortunately is at another club.

“Now there will be clubs who will have interest in Sam because ruckmen don’t grow on trees and as we saw in the mid-season draft a lot of clubs would love them.

Absolute shiit stain of the lowest order, and not just because of the above. Even though it's either softening the blow of what will inevitably occur, or just his usual desperate grovelling for attention like an acne riddled schoolgirl.
Which for this cretin are one and the same.

images

Absolute shiit stain of the lowest order, and not just because of the above. Even though it's either softening the blow of what will inevitably occur, or just his usual desperate grovelling for attention like an acne riddled schoolgirl.
Which for this cretin are one and the same.
He's not wrong. Sam Hayes and Ken Hinkley should not be at the same club next year. Hopefully for us it's Sam who stays and Ken who goes, but if Hinkley is here next year then Hayes would be an absolute moron not to ask for a trade.

It seems there are a few 'spotfires' gaining hold on social media centering around kanye korner shop.

Not that it would bother a selfless, brave and experienced fireman*

images

* apologies to any real firies who see this

I have no problem with Kane and I do not see why some Port supporters get so strung out with him. Kane Cornes is doing what every ex player in the media does, that is rake up controversy so that people take notice. If you not like it don't listen to him. If his surname was anything but Cornes would many of us be so upset?

As for Kane's position on Hinkley...

Last edited:
Back