Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist s**t stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 54 28.7%
  • Total s**t Stain

Votes: 96 51.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 20.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Progressive Aggresion

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's been about five years since KC started his journalism career, working with the AFL official site, FivaAA, FootyOnNine and SEN throughout this timespan.

It goes without saying that he's stirred up a lot of people over the years, and its uncertain whether this has been for better or for worse considering the current AFL journalism climate.

Do supporters on here still value his thoughts? Or Separate his on field achievements from his current ventures? What is the severity of impact that his media career has made on your thoughts of him as a player and person?

He should criticise Hinkley more but otherwise he's fine. I don't agree with everything he says but I don't agree with everything anyone says.

He was an incredible tagger who could hurt you the other way. Absolutely in our AFL era best 22. He certainly hasn't hurt his reputation enough to overshadow that.

Club champion is strong but he's been the best player at his role, not only at Port but maybe the whole AFL. Depends if you value the role or not.

As a journo he's s**t because he so far up Ken's arse with the rest of them. He lacks any critical thought toward the issue and clearly does not apply to same standards to reporting on Port as his does other coaches.

He should criticise Hinkley more but otherwise he's fine. I don't agree with everything he says but I don't agree with everything anyone says.

He was an incredible tagger who could hurt you the other way. Absolutely in our AFL era best 22. He certainly hasn't hurt his reputation enough to overshadow that.
Nup

Lade Schulz Wingard
R.Gray Tredrea Westhoff
Pickett Wines P. Burgoyne
Montgomery C. Cornes G Wanganeen
Wilson Wakelin S Burgoyne

Primus Francou Boak

Carr James D. Motlop Butters

Nup

Lade Schulz Wingard
R.Gray Tredrea Westhoff

Primus Francou Boak

He's well ahead of all 4 of your bench players. Also well ahead of Pickett and Westhoff.

He's well ahead of all 4 of your bench players. Also well ahead of Pickett and Westhoff.

Is he? Because he played more games? Of the similar positions/size I'd take Carr, James, Picjkett and Butters over Kane Cornes any day of the week.

Westhoff was the most versatile player we've had in our AFL era and D. Motlop, well that's just a bit of a personal fave.

Don't think of Kane Cornes as a player for Port, think of him as a special ability to turn one of the other sides best players in to 30 possessions going our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listen to SEN a fair bit. It is easy to distinguish his legitimate opinions from his clickbait “opinions”.

When he isn’t trying to make headlines, his opinions are actually quite reasonable. He isn’t afraid to call out the afl on their bullshit and highlights vic bias in the national football media.

On the other hand, I despise when he goes after young players. It’s bullying and it’s pathetic.

I used to think that it was highly likely that the rumours of Tony McGuinness being Kane's father were true but since he's been in the media it is very clear that he is the son of Graham.

Say anything to get attention except call out Kenny Hinkley.

Nup

Lade Schulz Wingard
R.Gray Tredrea Westhoff

Primus Francou Boak

What has Butters done to be in our AFL all-time best 22? FFS, we are not the SUNS!

Is capable of making a good point or have an interesting opinion on a topic, but often it gets overlooked or not taken seriously due to some of the deliberate stirring he does just to make sure he's getting the attention. As someone else mentioned its pretty obvious when he takes a contrarian position just to be different / make a headline (similar to his Dad). Also horribly biased towards Hinkley, although i think even that is starting to wane ever so slightly.

I think it was more so a problem in 2019 when Kane Cornes was inducted into the hall of fame for the club that year and clearly had some internal exchanges with the higher - ups which rubbed off on him and potentially skewed his own bias to the coach.

In the last 2 years though, I think he's expressed more criticism towards him, not Tredrea levels of suspicion, but certainly hasn't been sucking him off as much as people claim he has:

Only a few examples I can recall.

Kane could s**t can Hinkley 9 times in 10 articles or interviews but praise him in the last one. It is the last one that some people will choose to remember.

I am not sure why anyone would want to start a thread like this but a Club champion is forever a Club champion the achievement is in the record books and no one can erase it. Kane's name appears 4 times on the PAFC honour roll and that is undeniable. Maybe an average football can have one outstanding season and jag a B&F but not four of them.

Back