Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist s**t stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 54 28.7%
  • Total s**t Stain

Votes: 96 51.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 20.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty don't agree but I enjoy listening to Kane. He's less of a shock jock and is actually calling it as he see's it.
We've finally got an influential Port Adelaide media personality and I love that.
A lot like Andrew Bolt - most of what he writes in the Fertiliser is ridiculous, however there are occasions when I actually agree with him.
No-one never says anything logical or correct, but a lot say a great many things that are incorrect.

Solid highlight of Bonner's shitless on Footy classified. Solid.
Chad must have feed him what feedback Bonner was given in today's feedback session.

PORT ADELAIDE assistant coach Dean Laidley has conceded the club is being dragged down by cultural problems in the playing group.
After another horror loss to North Melbourne on Saturday, Laidley revealed the depth of the challenge facing new Power coach Matthew Primus.
"When Matty took over this job, and I'm there to support him 100 per cent, he had to open a box and he's opened that box," Laidley said.
"He knew what was in there, but you've got to keep going through with it now. There's a lot of work to do from a mental perspective, and culturally.
"He needs to continue to find some players who want to play for the club and each other.
"He inherited a lot of this. He knew and understood that when he took over the job."
Primus has dropped senior players, including Kane Cornes and Danyle Pearce, this season and forced veteran Chad Cornes to start the season in the SANFL.
The finger has been pointed at several senior players.
"There is a cultural problem within the playing group. We know and understand that," Laidley said on SEN.

Wait, didn't the dogging problem get solved by the new park?

If you all dislike Kane and reckon he talks rubbish - why do you still listen to him!
The sad part is he actually gets a lot right on topics he isnt biased on.

If you look at him calling out the umpiring inconsistency on the duckwood type crap he is absolutely spot on.

Its not that he is dumb, he is just totally compromised.

Solid highlight of Bonner's shitlness softness on Footy classified. Solid.

Yes, to his credit he called out Bonner's woeful performance.

Given the club's head in the sand approach to its failings, you wonder if the coach's review would have been as scathing ... or accurate.

Maybe Chad asked him to do a job.

Solid highlight of Bonner's shitlness softness on Footy classified. Solid.

Is a busted face a few weeks back worth considering. Personally I reckon we're being a bit tough on Bonner. Probably well medicated too

which might've influenced reflexes and decision making. In hindsight maybe should've played Jase and let Bonner have another week.

I've heard 'Old Mate' talk of defence as the 'Man's' club playing 'Man's' football. Is there a trend going on. Teakle is told bring your aggression over

with you and bingo a broken collar bone. Zak is encouraged to be hard at it. After his 1st season a shoulder or 2(?) reconstruction.

This hardery for longery bollocks is not and never will be substitute for tactical smarts and playing to your strengths.

On FC did I detect a slight change of view from Cornes regarding Hinkley or am I clutching at straws.

Haha Kane is such a classic. If you don't laugh at it then you'll cry.

Goes after the crows for their loser mentality! Theres no bigger loser mentality than at Port the last 10 years, especially this year.

I was absolutely disgusted after Ken talked up the Brisbane capitulation in round 1 as some sort of success. Its been downhill ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got an email from hospital research foundation to take an exclusive tour of the house with Lucy Cornes 🤮

Saw Kane on his little spot on 9 news. It was weird, his head looks too big for his body like one of those bobble dolls. Maybe he's turning into Max Headroom. And geez he looks more like Gra Gra every year.

listening to kane this morning and i love the way Kane conviently left out the bit where Caro said "clarkson is open to coming to port adelaide', so he played about 30 seconds of what she said and deliberately left that out. And he reckons he's not a propagandist

I'd happily see his name removed from any honour boards etc at Port Adelaide. Never has one of our own done so much damage to the club.

listening to kane this morning and i love the way Kane conviently left out the bit where Caro said "clarkson is open to coming to port adelaide', so he played about 30 seconds of what she said and deliberately left that out. And he reckons he's not a propagandist
It's amazing, ordinarily, that comment would be headline news.

These f***ers are all about feathering their own nests and have no interest in what's best for the club.

Caro didn't say Clarkson is coming to Port Adelaide, she said "I understand that Alistair Clarkson would be open to having a conversation with PAFC."

Don't get your hopes up based on a statement of the obvious.

Caro didn't say Clarkson is coming to Port Adelaide, she said "I understand that Alistair Clarkson would be open to having a conversation with PAFC."

Don't get your hopes up based on a statement of the obvious.
i wouldnt have my hopes up at all, i dont really care if he didnt come, the point was that Kane deliberatly left that out because he is a propagandist

I'm only going by the headline, but if Kane had a crack at Koch because he's too weak to make a decision on Hinkley as if the last two weeks of the season make any difference now, he's right.

Back