Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist s**t stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 54 28.7%
  • Total s**t Stain

Votes: 96 51.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 20.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
I'm only going by the headline, but if Kane had a crack at Koch because he's too weak to make a decision on Hinkley as if the last two weeks of the season make any difference now, he's right.

Kane's on drugs:

1660016657264.png

I'm only going by the headline, but if Kane had a crack at Koch because he's too weak to make a decision on Hinkley as if the last two weeks of the season make any difference now, he's right.
I mean he did say that, but he said it because he thought it was unfair on Hinkley, not because he thought it was unfair on the club. Right conclusion, wrong reasons.

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This thread needs a name edit to just be called kane Cornes journalist s**t stain.

johnnysix

Club Legend
May 31, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You can't put any stock in Kane's observations around Ken and Port Adelaide at the moment. He's compromised. He'll tell us we can't sack Hinkley because we can't afford it and shortly after make comments about how Carlton's season has fallen apart completely ignoring how far Port have fallen this season. He sat there with Andrew Hayes and proceeded to make jokes about Carlton supporters being used to it etc. but Port supporters are apparently bloodthirsty savages for proposing we look at a new coach after failing to meet expectations in two prelim finals and shitting the bed this year. He's not the only one, Robo and Gerrard had dedicated Buckley death watch graphics for 360 last year but David Koch was poor for putting heat on us? Let's face it, if this was happening to any other team, not only would the media be questioning the coach, but the board and CEO who let him go on this long.

******* hell Sonja is good - why can't we have Sonja as our president.
I wasn't impressed with her at the sacking of Noble presser, with the dopey we have great players line and next day the club asks the AFL for a priority picks - a great players list doesn't need priorities - but she has obviously done some great work away from the cameras and microphone, as detailed in this inside story by Barrett that went up on the AFL website a couple of hours ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y'all need to stop getting baited by Kane, he's an expert media troll and is forging a very nice career out of it

He has watched his father do basically the same in a smaller pond so he has learnt how to stir the pot well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's also known internally by the higher ups at sen as the 'content king'.

Meaning he knows a bit ? Or, is good at making it up as he goes along using his footy smarts ?

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Kane came to my school in 2004 and spent most of the time there on his phone. I remember a few of us went up to him to try talk to him (we were about 10 years old) and he just waved us away and said he was busy every time, eventually just walking out of the school grounds and leaving

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kane came to my school in 2004 and spent most of the time there on his phone. I remember a few of us went up to him to try talk to him (we were about 10 years old) and he just waved us away and said he was busy every time, eventually just walking out of the school grounds and leaving
You should have pinged a packet of biscuits at his head

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Kane as a journalist reminds me of the type of kid that would get his girlfriend to do his homework.
Kornes is not a journalist, he's a shock jock. He doesn't report facts, he reports his opinions which are designed to get a reaction.

Back