Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you were one of the people who were against picking him up because of this exact reason.
I think most of the afl can see through what happened.
Honestly never seen anything like it from a draftee.

But in the long run he probably single handily cut the deadwood from the club, I can’t help but think this had something to do the whole recruiting department up and walking out.
Na, I wanted him cause he'll be a star. I'd always hoped he'd grow up, up until the point he started telling people here Adelaide he wanted out. Now he's just a dumb campaigner who deservers to get booed.

Na, I wanted him cause he'll be a star. I'd always hoped he'd grow up, up until the point he started telling people here Adelaide he wanted out. Now he's just a dumb campaigner who deservers to get booed.
Ah, sweet thanks for being honest, can anyone remember the poster who was dead against him coming over?

From memory they were talking a lot about changing his name pre draft as a massive warning sign.

the other hilarious thing about the King v Cornes "debate" was Cornes having a go at Zurhaar for ridiculing No Chase. FMD, a player that gets traded to a club and then goes out and trains in his old clubs kit doesn't deserve to be ridiculed? Cornes is a dick. He's trying to play a similar role to what his old man did on SA Radio, but the big difference is that his old man actually has some brain cells.

I think you were one of the people who were against picking him up because of this exact reason.
I think most of the afl can see through what happened.
Honestly never seen anything like it from a draftee.

But in the long run he probably single handily cut the deadwood from the club, I can’t help but think this had something to do the whole recruiting department up and walking out.
I wonder if it was the last straw at times.

Maybe COVID had something to do with it not happening ... but once upon a time club recruiters used to sus out players a bit, talk to junior coaches, teachers or people from non footy sporting clubs didn't they? It seems as tho this would have turned something up given the stuff that's coming out. (It depends if that stuff is believeable I guess.) If we knew he was gone by the time he liked that fake trade then the McGuiness kpd debacle and many of our second round misses might have been enough that the No Chase situation was the last straw.

Maybe COVID had something to do with it not happening ... but once upon a time club recruiters used to sus out players a bit, talk to junior coaches, teaches or people from non footy sporting clubs didn't they? It seems as tho this would have turned something up given the stuff that's coming out. (It depends if that stuff is believeable I guess.) If we knew he was gone by the time he liked that fake trade then the McGuiness kpd debacle and many of our second round misses might have been enough that the No Chase situation was the last straw.
I’d love to know the actual timings of everything but if they found out JHF was likely to move back home end of season, if that was my job, I certainly wouldn’t have liked to be in a room with Nobel explaining after a few weeks into the season, what our options are moving forward.

Last edited:

Maybe COVID had something to do with it not happening ... but once upon a time club recruiters used to sus out players a bit, talk to junior coaches, teachers or people from non footy sporting clubs didn't they? It seems as tho this would have turned something up given the stuff that's coming out. (It depends if that stuff is believeable I guess.) If we knew he was gone by the time he liked that fake trade then the McGuiness kpd debacle and many of our second round misses might have been enough that the No Chase situation was the last straw.
was talking to a recruiter the other day who said these are the 5 things they look at. Goes in this order and if you get a cross you're out and don't make it to the next stage.

1) Where do their feet point when they stand. If feet point outwards, or inwards then they'll never make it.
2) Look at their knees. If they're knock kneed in any way or their knees touch they're out. They'll never be able to run.
3) Football sense, can they read the play do they know where to be.
4) Family, do they come from a stable environment.
5) Willingness and ability to learn. Comes from their coaches.

The thing is, coaches and family can lie. Our mistake was trusting a convicted wife basher. Pretty ******* stupid really.

I’d love to know the actual timings of everything but if they found out JHF was likely to move back home end of season, if that was my job, I certainly wouldn’t have liked to be in a room with Nobel explaining after a few weeks into the season, what our options are moving forward.
Apart from Daicos there wasn't much in the draft at the top end.

We probably knew that if it went pear shaped that we would get a good return.

Hopefully Wardlaw is as good as we think he will be and the other player will draft will be good.

It's easy to teach playing skills but attitudes are hard to teach or change.

Apart from Daicos there wasn't much in the draft at the top end.

We probably knew that if it went pear shaped that we would get a good return.

Hopefully Wardlaw is as good as we think he will be and the other player will draft will be good.

It's easy to teach playing skills but attitudes are hard to teach or change.
Yeah completely we made the best of a bad situation, Sheezle has been nothing short of miraculous and by all reports Wardlaw was easily the best Jnr of his year.

One thing about that draft year that a lot of people gloss over here, was it was the same year Clarksons kid was playing in, he would’ve been watching and interacting with these kids and their families since about under 12’s.

After alls said and said I think we’ll find we had the right outcome.

was talking to a recruiter the other day who said these are the 5 things they look at. Goes in this order and if you get a cross you're out and don't make it to the next stage.

1) Where do their feet point when they stand. If feet point outwards, or inwards then they'll never make it.
2) Look at their knees. If they're knock kneed in any way or their knees touch they're out. They'll never be able to run.
3) Football sense, can they read the play do they know where to be.
4) Family, do they come from a stable environment.
5) Willingness and ability to learn. Comes from their coaches.

The thing is, coaches and family can lie. Our mistake was trusting a convicted wife basher. Pretty ******* stupid really.
So if it walks like a duck…… interesting 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listen to the head 2 head and I’m just wanting to know who them bloody trolls on social media are.

I like No Chase Jase aka JHFF. He comes across as a very intelligemt.
I look forward to his thoughts on how he feels on all things booing and the like. I saw a doco on monkeys and if they communicated they were rewarded with snacks. I hope the interviewer has a pocket full of treats. Might need them. And the other issue was the monkeys hurling excrement, hope the interviewer is also wearing a raincoat.
again who are them online trolls?

I listen to the head 2 head and I’m just wanting to know who them bloody trolls on social media are.

I like No Chase Jase aka JHFF. He comes across as a very intelligemt.
I look forward to his thoughts on how he feels on all things booing and the like. I saw a doco on monkeys and if they communicated they were rewarded with snacks. I hope the interviewer has a pocket full of treats. Might need them. And the other issue was the monkeys hurling excrement, hope the interviewer is also wearing a raincoat.
again who are them online trolls?
Cubes of Ice? 🤔

Add me to the list. I’m completely fed up with it. It’s strangely addicting for something that makes me angry all the time. I hope more people do the same and switch it off.
I don't watch or listen to it. Haven't heard the Kingy v Korn thing. Not interested really.

Add me to the list. I’m completely fed up with it. It’s strangely addicting for something that makes me angry all the time. I hope more people do the same and switch it off.
Feed more money to Purple, CarNo & KKKornes?
Rather go down a slide nude with sandpaper on my bollocks…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back