Kane lambert

Remove this Banner Ad

How annoying is it when your computer logs you out on the BigFooty page and you start scrolling and see posts from people you have muted. It ain't "Magic"

Truck has been away from RFC for 4 years, worked under another senior coach and other assistant coaches, he has fresh ideas and has shown previously that he can turn a backline.
Last year, we bring in Teague - Ex Senior Coach that has worked as an assistant and with other assistants for years.

Now Lambert, who is heart and soul of the club. Is our very own Emma Murray when Emma isn't available and will worth exclusively in the development space with all the knowledge he has learnt over the years. The kids you love so much, NEED a Lambert. He builds believe, he has shown with hard work, it is possible.

Who is Emma Murray?

Who is Emma Murray?
Joking Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Neopotism.

Like I said it is not about Kane. Rather the club and possible direction

The club has Kane ex-player, Edwards doing recruitment possibly ex-player, Maric ex-player, Truck previous assistant coach.

I do not want the club to revisit the 1980's after a successful period and having fresh ideas come in is healthy I think allowing for more awareness of what oppositions are doing and how to compete in different ways.

The fact is for Brendan Gale this is the toughest period trying to avoid a 1980's scenario because Essendon these days looks a lot like we where years ago after our successful period so it is not a simple thing. It looks like Geelong needed new blood in to revitalise them in 2022 from their past glories

Nope, I just think because he has been playing for our club for years he is drinking from the same bath water in terms of what we need to do as a team. It might not matter so much to Kane because he is just developing the players generally mainly.

When truck comes in we need to come up with a way of restricting opposition scores to 60-70 points or less and that might mean different players and combinations cause every player is different with different skills and attributes to exploit and Rance is not there anymore so hopefully truck is open to possibly doing it in a different way with guys like Gibcus, Balta etc.. For example, fly let Moore run forward to possibly win the game as part of scenario coaching against the Swans last minute to try and steal a victory shown by D King apparently.

I think we have pretty talented forward options regardless of forward transition so it might be easier if we focus on stopping the opposition scoring to help us be more competitive and a greater premiership contender. On of the things we did in 2017 was resort to massive pressure to defend

i think your comments are selling Kane very short whens it his turn to give an opinion he will

as for the back line full ground Defence is what will fix our scores against our midfied repair will go a long way to fixing that

I have nothing against Kane, and he could be a great coach, development coach and so forth.

The concern, and it is not about Kane, it is about the club.

Is the club becoming too camp? The trouble I see is with club politics. There is not enough lateral thinking, not enough perspective from separate contemporary experiences.

Kane will have is own ideas but he has been moulded by RFC. So its more reinforcement of a certain ideology. That is fine if it creates a premiership. But if the team needs a rethink, shift in approach, new ideas like Geelong in 2022 it could easily go against RFC's progress.

Again, this is not about Kane it is about obtaining fresh constructive ideas that enable our team to grow and develop.

Remember, before Dimma come along there was a history of the tail wagging the dog and issues from such a supposed atmosphere. If things become too cosy, less superior outcomes usually fester
Congratulations to Kane on his appointment the quintessential tough and honest Victorian footballer.

The key with Lambert's appointment is that he will be working with our young players coming through the ranks.

Our window is still open and our system (Richmond football) has proven to be successful over a long period of time.

The AFL have instigated rule changes to stymie our system of play probably unprecedented in the history of the game, but that is just one of many indicators of how corrupt and condescending the AFL under Gil has become towards Richmond.

What is essential for Richmond football is to have it populated with Richmond men, and that is where Lambert will be a key in transitioning the rookie tiger to the Richmond man fully equipped to play Richmond football.

As for Rutten he would have learnt a truck load of worldly experience being the main man at the helm of another club, another system, and another club culture. Richmond will reap the benefits of that knowledge that Essendon was unable to unlock and utilize to their benefit. Rutten will be rejuvenated for the second chance and the very different challenges that our defence will present him as a coach compared to 2017 defensive unit he moulded. Rutten will already be working on creating the new 17 into a miserly and formidable backline. We still have legacy players in our back 6 but there are enough new parts to mould another form of our once vaunted defense.

eat em alive tigers.

i think your comments are selling Kane very short whens it his turn to give an opinion he will

as for the back line full ground Defence is what will fix our scores against our midfied repair will go a long way to fixing that

I am not even talking about Kane, I am writing about the club and its organisation.

How could I be talking about Kane? I have never met him

Blaming the midfield for the defence is a convenient cop out

She came to the club when you became a GWS supporter.

So she has never been at RFC?

Funny how you think I am a GWS supporter when I am one of the few pushing for a better deal for RFC in terms of trades with Hopper and Taranto versus other posters here in the trade threads. A little against your grain I would have thought

Funny how you think I am a GWS supporter when I am one of the few pushing for a better deal for RFC in terms of trades with Hopper and Taranto versus other posters here in the trade threads. A little against your grain I would have thought
Pity some can't see who you really are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great appointment

wouldn't mind seeing a couple of assistant move on, and replaced with new people...

McQualter, Lonergan and Morris for me appear to be positions we could improve significantly on.

Lonerganin particular with Development and VFL midfield... None of our young mids have developed a lot recently, yes some effected by covid challenges, but when compared to other clubs, it seems to be behind the pace... Apart from Sonsie who looked to be on talent more than anything, whats happened to all our other young mids.

I am not even talking about Kane, I am writing about the club and its organisation.

How could I be talking about Kane? I have never met him

Blaming the midfield for the defence is a convenient cop out

yes your comments were about Kane basically you said any body that played or was part of our system shouldn't be employed by the club in a coaching role
modern football is about team defence if the guy in the forward pocket doesn't contribute to the defence the whole system breaks down
last year our midfield were poor so yes i blamed them for conceding so many points

yes your comments were about Kane basically you said any body that played or was part of our system shouldn't be employed by the club in a coaching role
modern football is about team defence if the guy in the forward pocket doesn't contribute to the defence the whole system breaks down
last year our midfield were poor so yes i blamed them for conceding so many points

OMG,

Like I said it is not about Kane. Rather the club and possible direction

The club has Kane ex-player, Edwards doing recruitment possibly ex-player, Maric ex-player, Truck previous assistant coach.

I do not want the club to revisit the 1980's after a successful period and having fresh ideas come in is healthy I think allowing for more awareness of what oppositions are doing and how to compete in different ways.

The fact is for Brendan Gale this is the toughest period trying to avoid a 1980's scenario because Essendon these days looks a lot like we where years ago after our successful period so it is not a simple thing. It looks like Geelong needed new blood in to revitalise them in 2022 from their past glories

Agree mate.
We went down that road in the 80s and 90s - ex-player this, ex-player that ... we floundered.
There's always room for ideas from outside and there should be ideas from outside.
Why I was against Newman simply stepping into our coaching box after retiring.
Go away and learn.
I get the love for ex-players but no walk up starts thanks.

Funny how you don’t know who Emma Murray is considering the huge influence she has had on our club, as outlined by Dusty, Grimes & Lambert.

It’s almost like you actually know nothing about RFC.

Funny how you don’t know who Emma Murray is considering the huge influence she has had on our club, as outlined by Dusty, Grimes & Lambert.

Don't waste your breath.
He's a BF troll.
Wouldn't surprise if he has numerous a/cs for other boards.
Odd he has me on ignore but still replies.

Why would I?

I don't live in Melbourne or Victoria??

I had to google her name and Richmond when she was mentioned by a bigfooty poster.

What does that say about RFC website communication?

Some of you clowns need to take your head our of your arse!!

Why would I?

I don't live in Melbourne or Victoria??

I had to google her name and Richmond when she was mentioned by a bigfooty poster.

What does that say about RFC website communication?

Some of you clowns need to take your head our of your arse!!

You live in the Twilight Zone thats for sure.
You do a good job trolling I will give you that.

You live in the Twilight Zone thats for sure.
You do a good job trolling I will give you that.

The fact is a lot of you Melbourne centric supporters are self entitled w***ers, not all of them, some of them and your awareness is so finite you would not see a problem if it hit you in the face.

Obviously not being in Melbourne I am not caught up in your fishbowl and club politic side of things.

You probably support Richmond because you where told to by your parents, and many of them would have dragged you to the game from when you where young so you know no different.

It probably also means a number of you seem to support the social aspect more-so rather than the team like I do.

Some of you would support Richmond in Melbourne because it is socially convenient to do so rather about giving a proper dam about whether the team has great long term success or not. Some of you would watch a game because you have nothing better to do and it is convenient from location rather than because you really want to

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back