Kangaroos Family Day

Are you going to the North Melbourne Family day on WED 20th April 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you dont want to have a Family day North Melbourne then dont have one...Wednesday 20th April at 12 noon. People work so how are parents suppose to get their kids there..Enough said. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unless both myself and my wife missed earlier communication, or that communication was buried in the plethora of crap, we’ve only been given 5 days notice of it being a thing?

So school holiday plans are already set and this could never have been part of them.

the only thing I've heard about it was at the good friday game in a random announcement.

My daughter received an SMS saying that with the game at Blundstone this week this was the only time available...or words to that effect...why cant it be on the bye weekend? l know that players have that weekend off but surely they could relax at the family day with the supporters and the members who they are representing...

Pretty poor this year. Last minute notification, middle of the day Wednesday. Will be a very poor turnout.
l would be very interested in finding out how many are going and what the attendance was like on the day...l received the email on Friday andl dont go back to work until next Wednesday, how can l give my employer notice that l want the day off and l have only been there 6 weeks...It is very poor by the club..After 2 years of covid, letting the club keep my membership payments, not going to games nor getting the other lurks that are attributed to my membership surely this Family Day could have been organised this better...Events like this are suppose to attract more members not lose them..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to go but when you need to run your own business Monday to Friday sometimes weekends depending what day North is playing but hard to drop everything to attend a family day.
Here’s an idea how about the club hold a day on either Saturday or Sunday after Round 22 and if the VFL side is playing finals at Arden Street a massive Family day with things for the kids players ,coaches and administrators of the club in attendance BBQ food and drink outlets selling of merchandise and have a Q and A session to ask questions on what’s going on.
But I know this won’t happen as the board might be worried some home truths might be told.

Would normally take the grandkids but given the short notice we can’t as we are travelling in NSW

Pretty poor this year. Last minute notification, middle of the day Wednesday. Will be a very poor turnout.
Probably a deliberate ploy. Gives the club an excuse to can these type of events in the future…lack of interest, no suitable dates, covid, players unavailable etc etc. They also cost money to put on after all. Members are simply there to squeeze every dollar from them nowdays and not to engage with and look after.

Wow I dont go to these things but short notice and midweek is crazy. You have to turn up to work on Tuesday and ask your boss for the next day off work

Family days when I was younger were the best.

+ doing boomers master classes if anyone remembers it.

There was so much interaction with their younger fans and that’s why I was in love with them.

I get it with Covid but I just feel like it’s dropped off considerably. I feel bad for the kids.

Family days when I was younger were the best.

+ doing boomers master classes if anyone remembers it.

There was so much interaction with their younger fans and that’s why I was in love with them.

I get it with Covid but I just feel like it’s dropped off considerably. I feel bad for the kids.
So true...It feels like the people organising functions like this only look at the $$$ signs and not the happiness that it brings to the supporters and children..The term "family club" seems to have gotten lost over the years due to that fact that those who set up these events are to young or were not North supporters to remember what these events use to be like and how much enjoyment and anticipation everyone had looking forward to them.

Back