Kangaroos Steal Greenwood from Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like this is the most competent North have been since the 99 Grand Final. Good on em.

The AFL needs to sit down with Tony Cochrane and work out how the fu** that happened cos that's gross incompetence
not tony's fault - afterall if this was collingwood back in the day it wouldnt be Eddie's fault. this is on mark evans and the footy department

The point im trying to make is there always a fallback and nobody seems to be held accountable up there. There is an assumption the AFL will just financially support them forever.

Tony Cochrane has been there since March 2016. He's a great salesman but he is also full of sh*t.

I'm sure they're prepping a rescue package to tempt Clarkson up there for 2023 along with some hand-picked support people.

Does seem like a bit of a dog act by Greenwood.

But Gold Coast decisions created the vulnerability that North exploited. Although, if I was Collingwood I’d now be sweating that if North will do this to GC, why won’t they do Collingwood over with Daicos?
Do what?

If this is true then honestly just pack the ******* club up. How much assistance can one club get from the AFL only to continually squander it with incompetence?

I was always a massive Greenwood fan, however this does paint him in a pretty bad light based on his recent comments. Surely theres got to be more to this story.
$$$$$'s

North broke no rules but there is a gentleman’s agreement to not take players clubs have re committed to picking up

So this will ruffle feathers

Perhaps. Lesson to the Gold Coast, don't play funny buggers with clear best-22 players.

Hahaha Gold Coast f’ed up. When I saw that they were delisting himane redrafting, I actually thought what’s stopping another club swooping in first. Glad it was us .
I been trying to work out since Thursday how it made sense to de-list players you actually want, especially if they apparently had a contract already.
The only thought I could muster was maybe they were certain no club could draft him and afford the type of contract he would have in the National Draft. If so they not done their sums right and absolute basket case of list management. Up there with Ned Guy for Collingwood last year.

Lyon and Greenwood would be in their top 4 mids with Rowell and Miller I'd suggest. Image letting two of your top 4 mids walk for free!!! WTF is with this club???

Staggering.

You are one hell of a footy fan if you've ever heard of half of the spuds on their list. Pick any one of them other than a top 4 mid and the competitions best tackler to piss about in the draft with...

Just when you think your own club is a total basket case, the Suns pull out yet another 'hold my beer' moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what happens when you try to finesse the system. You get got :flushed:

Remember this day, the club code is not longer.

Sure. Until you realise that the Suns are owned by the AFL and you just stuck one up the AFL in weakening their pet team.

Prett hilarious really. AFL House change the rules for one team who they own and is losing millions, and then North swoop in and spoil the party.

Bloody funny. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Wonder if the Suns will be doing any pick swaps with North?

North broke no rules but there is a gentleman’s agreement to not take players clubs have re committed to picking up

Doubtful

that arrangement usually extends to young players or players with some unique situation. This seems a bit more like the suns tried gaming the system. They could’ve pulled the same move with a fringe player.

I like this.

Suns delisted him.So he was free for everyone to pick him up.

Don't even know why there is different lists. No reason to have a rookie list at all apart from those B slots perhaps.

That’s ridiculous IMO. Suns incompetence as list management forced them into this manoeuvre, North have just taken advantage and got themselves a very good player for nothing. Massive * up from the Suns and well done to North for taking the opportunity.

Is there another club who delists their best players as frequently as the Gold Coast Suns?

2018: Lyons
2019: Martin
2021: Greenwood

Touk Miller must be feeling very nervous right about now.

Miles better good signing as for the gentleman’s agreement noble should only care about improving your list it’s a ruthless sport
Yeah I care not about the gentleman’s agreement, again why wouldn’t they have done it with a fringe player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back