Kangaroos Steal Greenwood from Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Utterly bizarre situation. Greenwood was either so insulted to be a part of GC's draft pick strategy that he immediately put the feelers out, or he desperately wanted out and conned the club by volunteering himself to help out with their draft pickle and be the player to be 'temporarily' delisted with the North deal bubbling away already.

My guess is he wanted out, saw a tiny window of opportunity and went balls deep.

Can't wait to see the response from GC, best 22, under contract and with some trade value walks for free because they were paying silly buggers with their list management.

If this is true then honestly just pack the ******* club up. How much assistance can one club get from the AFL only to continually squander it with incompetence?

I was always a massive Greenwood fan, however this does paint him in a pretty bad light based on his recent comments. Surely theres got to be more to this story.

Does seem like a bit of a dog act by Greenwood.

But Gold Coast decisions created the vulnerability that North exploited. Although, if I was Collingwood I’d now be sweating that if North will do this to GC, why won’t they do Collingwood over with Daicos?

I ******* LOVE that North pulled this off. Great move for them to help protect their young mids for a few years and Hugh gets out of that absolute shithole club.

#FoldCoast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if I was Collingwood I’d now be sweating that if North will do this to GC, why won’t they do Collingwood over with Daicos?

Because Horne-Francis is objectively better?

Its funny because this crossed my mind at the time and I was puzzled. You cant de-list someone good and draft them back with a late pick under some "gentleman's agreement".

The draft is the draft and once you are in it you are in it.

More utter incompetence from the Suns.

This is actually the part that really shows just how stupid they are. Once they delisted him, didn't they realize there were two clubs who had rookie picks before them - North and Collingwood -, so they could just take him as a rookie anyway?

Hell, clubs with pick 91 could take him if they wanted to. He had to get through the entire draft AND two rookie picks, in order to get to them.

A similar situation, would be us delisting say Menegola (similar age, body type and in the Top 15 players but not the 'elite' bracket), and then saying we'd re-rookie him. What club would pass him over for a free hit? I'd burn our club to the ground if they tried that.

How did they not think this was going to blow up in their face? I'm genuinely so baffled over how this club continues to f*ck up so spectacularly, yet continues to exist.

Last edited:
Suns delisted one their best 10 players who was contracted.

Slap in the face to him.
Exactly surely they could have picked a player on there list that wasn’t best 22 and used to redraft . Why put up a player that you know will draw interest from rival clubs absolute stupidity!

Maybe Suns are happy for him to go, get his money off the books which they can use to hopefully get King and a few of his mates to sign up.

If that was the case why not trade him and get something in return? This is the second time they’ve delisted a quality mid and lost him for nothing when they could have got something in a trade.

"But junior participation is high!"

Everytime the Suns Eff up we get the same response.

Suns being poorly run doesn't have a much relevance to this.

It's better for the AFL if they're not a rabble, but overwhelmingly the TV rights increase, membership and local participation would outweigh the cost of funding the AFL sends to Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back