Kangaroos Vs Carlton Voted "aflma Game Of The Round" For Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

MrMOB

Senior List
Jul 31, 2001
Abu Dhabi
Other Teams
Kangaroos
KANGAROOS VS CARLTON VOTED "AFLMA GAME OF THE ROUND" FOR ROUND 5.

Media release 5/2002
May 2, 2002

AFL Members have voted the Carlton - Kangaroos contest at Colonial Stadium last Sunday as the AFLMA Game of the Round for round 5. Notable for its intense football and hard clashes, the game saw the Kangaroos withstand a third quarter surge by the undermanned but valiant Blues, emerging victors by 19 points, 19.17 (131) to 17.10 (112).

The AFL Members Association commiserates with Carlton and congratulates the Kangaroos, whose exciting on-field exploits have earned them 4 nominations for Game of the Round already this year.

At the end of the season, all AFL Members will have the chance to vote online for the AFLMA Game of the Year from the 22 nominated Games of the Round.
A perpetual trophy is to be awarded to the two teams who played in the AFLMA Game of the Year.

Each week, AFL Members can log on to www.AFLMA.com to vote for their best Game of the Round. Members are also free to participate in an online forum, describing their favorite games and debating their choices. The AFLMA Game of the Round is announced the following Thursday.

Previous AFLMA Games of the Round as voted by AFL Members were:
Rd. 4 - Sydney def. Kangaroos
Rd. 3 - Brisbane Lions def. Essendon
Rd. 2 - Kangaroos def. Western Bulldogs
Rd. 1 - Kangaroos def. Port Adelaide

The AFLMA was formed in response to members' concerns about how the AFL is looking after membership entitlements. The association serves to promote the interests of the 50,000 AFL Members who are among football's most loyal supporters.

The AFLMA web page is located at: http://www.aflma.com/
Contact the AFLMA on 0438-104-330 or email mailto:media@aflma.com

Originally posted by Jars458
Gee the AFLMA would not be biased at all would they

4 out of 5 Kangaroos games.

Interestingly in the past, the AFLMA has been accused of having a predominance of Carlton supporters. If anything, Kangaroos supporters are under-represented in the AFL Membership.

Voting is open to all AFL Members on the AFLMA website.

Cheers,

Mike

Originally posted by MrMOB

Interestingly in the past, the AFLMA has been accused of having a predominance of Carlton supporters. If anything, Kangaroos supporters are under-represented in the AFL Membership.

Voting is open to all AFL Members on the AFLMA website.

Cheers,

Mike

I guess there would be a pro-Vic bias then as there is not much vlaue in non victorian people buying AFL memberships.

I just thought it seemed a bit odd.

cheers

Given what I witnessed at the MCG today, I don't think there'll be too many votes from Kangaroo supporter AFL Members for their team this week.

I only heard the Freo - Essendon game on the radio, but it sounded liked a cracker.

Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back