Teams Kansas City Chiefs - War Paint

A fairly scrappy win for the Kingdom this morning, but the defence looked good, keeping the Jags out of the end-zone.

A TD for Kelce and 2 sacks (well 1.5 officially) for Jones. All in all, I'm very happy.

When we get the final piece back for that Dline it's going to be nasty.

It's going to have to be though because these young receivers are seriously struggling.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
When we get the final piece back for that Dline it's going to be nasty.

It's going to have to be though because these young receivers are seriously struggling.

Yes, Omenihu will be back in week 7. I agree about the receiver group; Toney at least was much improved. And Pacheco was also very good at RB.

Fritz n Sauce

Debutant
Sep 20, 2023
AFL Club
Adelaide
As mentioned elsewhere I am new to this site but a longtime Chiefs fan (over 30 years).

Clearly Pat and TK are guns but I’m a Jerrick M fan. So under rated

Ordered some tops from the Chiefs store, they left the States after 6 days, sat in Melbourne for 27 days lol. Cleared customs after 24 hours.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
As mentioned elsewhere I am new to this site but a longtime Chiefs fan (over 30 years).

Ordered some tops from the Chiefs store, they left the States after 6 days, sat in Melbourne for 27 days lol. Cleared customs after 24 hours.
Yeah, overseas orders for anything arrive in Australia pretty quickly, and then for god knows what reason, they sit in the Aistralian city for months. I even had something finally delivered, tracking etc, and it made it out of the depot finally, but then suddenly halfway on the road trip it stopped updating, another two weeks of no updates, fibally company said it couldnt be delivered, returned back to depot, never saw it again, got a refund for the item.

But its so annoyijg. Rebel isnt the best, but they do stock some gear from time to time.

I've had some pretty quick turn around a when we do a order for a bunch of gear.
This was pre COVID though.

I do need to pick up a kelce jersey for the collection so I might find myself in similar boat.

McKinnon is a gun, can't wait until post Thanksgiving when they will ramp up his usage. They just nursing him through these first part of the season

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
I bought a Mahomes jersey from Rebel. It was in my possession less than 48 hours after I placed the order. Lucky, I guess.

Glad I'm not a Broncos fan! Poor Brandon Perna. He's really suffering.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
Well, that was crap. After a really good first quarter, it was three quarters of rubbish. And Mahomes was very poor today; he threw three awful interceptions and was bloody lucky to have one of them cancelled by a dodgy penalty flag. All in all, I'm not happy.

Fritz n Sauce

Debutant
Sep 20, 2023
AFL Club
Adelaide
We badly need a WR1, our defense that has been so good the last two games was ordinary. Like cutting butter with a hot knife.

Looked for Kelce way too much, lack of confidence in others or because of Swift in the stands?

Mahomes not playing well either, too many picks each game. Still 3-1, should be 4-0 (KT drop 😱) and a C long way to go before finals to get them all on the same page

Well, that was crap. After a really good first quarter, it was three quarters of rubbish. And Mahomes was very poor today; he threw three awful interceptions and was bloody lucky to have one of them cancelled by a dodgy penalty flag. All in all, I'm not happy.

The hold was there, clear penalty on replay but yes he was not good for large stretches.
Jets played some nice games up front which gave us fits.
That defence is built to stop the pass, once the scripted stuff went, we struggled.

I'm curious if the ankle is a bit worse than we thought or he's carrying something because he underthrew a lot of balls tonight, didn't have that usual power.
Maybe just not confident.

The good thing is we got the win, they play these games all the time, so this isn't new. The defence is good, the line is good the running game looks as good as it has in years.
We managed to bleed a heap of time on two drives, something that's been an issue in past.

The only concern is the receivers, which tbh with Mahomes/Reid is probably the best place to have an issue, they will figure it out.
Early in the season but need to bank these wins as the schedule is favourable early here and the next 3-4 weeks before getting tough.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
Mahomes has some huge stats at half-time: 321 passing yards and 3 TDs! One pick also, unfortunately.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
424 Yards with 4 TDs and one pick. Not too shabby. And the defence giving up only 17 points continues their sterling work. All in all, I'm very happy.

Back