Teams Kansas City Chiefs - War Paint

Remove this Banner Ad

No it doesn’t. I think as long as Mahomes is QB they will always be around the mark. Interesting season ahead for the Chiefs in arguably the toughest division in football now. Yes they lost Hill, but they picked up MVS, Juju, Moore in the draft so I believe the WR depth/options is better this season for Mahomes than previous years. Clark in better shape this season on D plus Karlaftis added to the mix who looks a real stud. If the defence can hold serve there’s a real chance the Chiefs are looking at a 5th home AFC game in a row…
Chiefs will win it still.
Chargers and Herbert are super but their HC Staley will find ways to cruel them.
Raiders tbh look like second best team under McDaniels.
Broncos have Wilson but he's past his prime and so theyll have to finish last in division.

Chiefs will win it still.
Chargers and Herbert are super but their HC Staley will find ways to cruel them.
Raiders tbh look like second best team under McDaniels.
Broncos have Wilson but he's past his prime and so theyll have to finish last in division.
I agree about Russ, think that his signing has been overblown a tad.
I have the following records in the AFC West FWIW

Chiefs at 12-5
Chargers 10-7
Broncos 9-8
Raiders 8-9

I agree about Russ, think that his signing has been overblown a tad.
I have the following records in the AFC West FWIW

Chiefs at 12-5
Chargers 10-7
Broncos 9-8
Raiders 8-9
I think you're on the money for the AFC West

Chiefs 1st :nflchiefs:
I could see the Chargers and Broncos swapping places but I like the Chargers roster a little more than the Broncos.

Patrick Mahomes is the only QB to ever have a winning record when his team is trailing at half time, hes 13-7 so way above .500 too.

In games where he is behind going into the 4th he is 60% chance of winning, or down by 10 points, he's also 60%.
I think Brady is 38% in the first stat.

No one else is above 36% in either.

Also did what he did without JuJu, Hardman and Toney, whilst trading away the cheat code that is Hill.

Helps he has Reid and a HOF TE but still, just so much fun to watch.
All things going well we get him, Burrow, Allen and Herbert for the next decade plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Mahomes is still yet to play an away playoff game

'18-'19 playoffs - 1 seed, Championship game

'19-'20 - 2 seed (1 seed Baltimore lost in Divisional), SB WIN

'20-'21 - 1 seed, SB LOSS (\*SB was hosted in Tampa, but technically not an away game given that SB is designated as neutral and predetermined before the season)

'21-'22 - 2 seed (1 seed Tennessee lost in Divisional), Championship game

'22-'23 - 1 seed

10 home playoffs games, 2 neutrals

Ahh yes, the "bad stat" that if you are in AFC championship games that you may lose some and if you are going to every single one of them to start your career you are going to pick up a few bad results at a young age.

Would MUCH rather not be there to protect that record....
o_O

Mahomes now has 10 playoff wins in his first 5 years of being an NFL starter, tying him with Tom Brady for the most through the first 5 years of QB starting

Brady was 10-1 whereas Mahomes is now 10-3

Other notable W counts from QBs with 10+ career playoff Ws (starting from first season they started at least half the games)

Flacco: 9

Big Ben: 8

Montana: 7 (didn’t start over half the games until 1981)

Staubach: 7 (didn’t start until 1971)

Aikman: 7

Favre: 7

Rodgers: 5 (didn’t start until 2008)

Elway: 4

Peyton: 0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back