Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Hi guys,

Just wondering is there any gap at Simonds Stadium where you can see the field from outside the ground? My team is playing Geelong at Simonds Stadium and I would love to be there even if I can't get into the venue

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Hi guys,

Just wondering is there any gap at Simonds Stadium where you can see the field from outside the ground? My team is playing Geelong at Simonds Stadium and I would love to be there even if I can't get into the venue
For outside the ground action v the Suns keep rotating to the end the Cats are kicking and kick the ball back into the ground,It will be like kick to kick with the Tomahawk.

In all seriousness you’re out of luck mate.

Very high chance security will be patrolling the grounds outside. There may be some very small gaps but you won’t see anything worth looking for.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi guys,

If degrandi's is open, (dunno if it's still in business????) You could go on the second story and pretend your shopping for a home gym or some s**t.
There's a spot across from there where there's a gap between 2 stands.
Scoreboard might block you though.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I feel bad for the sponsors who have paid good dollar for publicity they won’t be receiving. The least we could do is call the stadiums by their purchased names.
I feel bad for trolls that spend a lot of time on opposition boards , the least they could do focus on their own team

I feel bad for the sponsors who have paid good dollar for publicity they won’t be receiving. The least we could do is call the stadiums by their purchased names.

KP, BS, SS, or GMHBA - pretty sure people know which ground is being discussed regardless of what posters which to call it

As for sponsors & naming rights - probably more important in the media rather than on a football message board

No answer required to this question - but Punt Road or Swinburne Centre? Because wouldn't want to upset the sponsors...

Now, would you like a GPS to help you navigate your way to the Richmond board

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
KP, BS, SS, or GMHBA - pretty sure people know which ground is being discussed regardless of what posters which to call it

As for sponsors & naming rights - probably more important in the media rather than on a football message board

No answer required to this question - but Punt Road or Swinburne Centre? Because wouldn't want to upset the sponsors...

Oh crap, Punt Road Oval is actually called Swinburne Centre at the moment? Now that's a doozy. :drunk:

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

Sorry, thought this was a pisstake thread.

I’m happy to answer your false equivalent question about Richmond’s VFL ground but as you said, no answer required.

Enjoy the season and I hope this Suns fan can secure a nice vantage point for the contest :thumbsu:

newcs

Club Legend
May 16, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Back on topic as to where you can watch the footy. The light tower behind the Premiership Stand is located outside the ground. Maybe you could try climbing it the night before.

newcs

Club Legend
May 16, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
This is how we used to do it.

11824985_1070993312930477_4681888617727851551_n.jpg

Seems a good place for the following, especially as the following relates to the Suns game & beyond...

UP to 9000 footy fans can return to GMHBA stadium to watch their beloved Cats in the flesh from July 4, under eased restrictions announced by the Prime Minister on Friday.

And, is if the news wasn’t good enough, the return of fans to GMHBA Stadium could be just in time for Cats fans to watch a massive double-milestone game for two of the club’s greatest modern legends – with Gary Ablett playing his 350th and Joel Selwood playing his 300th.

The pair will line up against Gold Coast for the fairytale Saturday fixture, provided they don’t miss any games for the rest of the month...

...Geelong Cats spokesman Kevin Diggerson welcomed the Prime Minister’s announcement, but said the club would continue to work with the AFL and State Government on the return of crowds.

“We checked in with the AFL, and they continue to work with all the state Governments obviously including Victorian government, about the return of crowds,” Mr Diggerson said on Friday afternoon.

“They’ll work through that with the Andrews government as to when they see fit to allow crowds back.

“Obviously it’s a positive announcement, and we’re hopeful, but at this stage it’s still not certain when we’ll be allowed to have crowds back at games this year.”

Do they just choose a selection of 9,000 Members to go to the game? How does it work?
No idea - still got to be given the go ahead by the state government anyway

But if it's like the Port vs Crows match this weekend, it could be similar to:
- they have 2000 tickets in total
- as Port are the home team, they have received 75% of the tickets and the Crows 25% (that's the rough breakdown I heard last night)
- all tickets are single, assigned seats. So no bringing a mate, or being picky with where you sit yourself
- the seats/tickets were assigned via ballot

If this is given the go ahead, then I'd expect we'd hear more info from the state government and the club about how things will proceed

After today's announcement by the state government of an easing back on restrictions, not sure that Victoria will be opening up sporting matches to spectators in the foreseeable future

Means it's unlikely to have even a limited number of people at the Cats vs Suns game, otherwise known at Selwood's 300th & Ablett's 350th game; should that game actually go ahead after today's revelation of McKenna's positive test

Back