Updated Karen Ristevski's body found.

Will Borce Ristevski go to trial for ...

• Murder

• Manslaughter

• He'll take a deal before it gets to trial

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

funny i though the same thing.. just trying to scare the main suspect.
Agreed. I think they are fishing for a confession. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

However usually when there are multiple people involved, know about or were accessories to a crime, they will mention something off the cuff to someone. It might not be a confession, it might just be in passing, mentioned casually or in a joking manner but someone usually cracks.
And that can be advantageous esp when one party does confess, it can be used to get other perps to talk eg. "Fat Tony told us what ya did to that stiff Frank."

Maybe not today, but potentially years and years later, someone involved will drop a comment.

I am calling it as it is. Did the husband have anything to do with the death of his wife? He most likely did. Stats on these issues are damning. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this witness is bullshit. They're most likely trying to rattle the husband into making a mistake.

I'm kinda of skeptical about this witness and like you said the cops are trying to rattle the husband or provoke him, hoping he will talk.

I find it hard to believe that the police really are closing in.

If they had the evidence he'd be locked up by now. This drip feeding of information to the Herald Sun is pretty irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am calling it as it is. Did the husband have anything to do with the death of his wife? He most likely did. Stats on these issues are damning. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this witness is bullshit. They're most likely trying to rattle the husband into making a mistake.

I'm kinda of skeptical about this witness and like you said the cops are trying to rattle the husband or provoke him, hoping he will talk.
Sometimes these provoking leaks do encourage so called suspects to talk hopefully in their bugged home or on their bugged telephone which gives police further tools to use during exhaustive interview process.

It'd be highly unlikely that a witness would be made up/concocted by police and told to go on ACA and give their fake account. And similarly I don't think genuine witnesses or otherwise should be talking to the media about the case.

The case was handled pretty badly at the start by missing persons so all this new evidence and witnesses is most likely just homocide shaking a tree and seeing what falls out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witness suddenly feels compelled to come forward. Why? Throw enough darts one might hit the bulls eye.

At the end of the day a woman has been murdered and the case needs to be solved. But simply lining up in the media might cause viewer fatigue. Every half clue/dead end being reported simply may cause people to tune out.

Don't forget media is entertainment. People watch it out of choice to be entertained. (Yes to be informed as well but there are 1000s of other sources than ACA or the Herald Sun) I'm not meaning to sound cruel but this case has obviously gripped people's attention but that will wear thin given they are not directly affected. By constantly feeding the media beast the Police are playing a dangerous game.

Still a while I think before the suspect is arrested and charges.

Two things missing:

1) cause of death?

2)"intent"

Its likely media leeking is to put more pressure on the "suspect" to get a confession when eventually arrested about (1) and (2) during a ridiculously long interview.

Police still need to eliminate every similar mercedes registered in Australia that they were not at Diggers Rest.

Tedious and methodical detective work needed.

Bjiorn will eventually be found guilty by a jury methinks

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Cops have just towed, according to 3AW

http://www.3aw.com.au/exclusive-black-mercedes-taken-away-outside-house-of-karen-ristevski/

"
A black Mercedes has been taken away from outside the home of Karen Ristevski.

3AW Drive was sent pictures from outside the Ristevski’s Avondale Heights home on Monday.

A tow-truck was in the process of removing the luxury car away from the house."

A gather they will pull it apart - hope he cleaned well, inside, outside and underneath. Personally I would have reported the vehicle stolen and burn it out.

Cops have just towed, according to 3AW

http://www.3aw.com.au/exclusive-black-mercedes-taken-away-outside-house-of-karen-ristevski/

"
A black Mercedes has been taken away from outside the home of Karen Ristevski.

3AW Drive was sent pictures from outside the Ristevski’s Avondale Heights home on Monday.

A tow-truck was in the process of removing the luxury car away from the house."

A gather they will pull it apart - hope he cleaned well, inside, outside and underneath. Personally I would have reported the vehicle stolen and burn it out.

I'd have thought that car would have already been torn apart by forensics. Must be something they missed maybe, or didn't specifically look for earlier.

I'd have thought that car would have already been torn apart by forensics. Must be something they missed maybe, or didn't specifically look for earlier.

IIRC VICPol questioned every registered owner of the same model car in Vic. They're certain it was hers that was seen in a video released a few weeks ago but they gotta go through the process. Also i recall them having his cell phone pings that shows he is lying and some other anomoly re the time of travel or distance traveled. I guess it's taken till now to get a warrant to seize the car.

Back