Updated Karen Ristevski's body found.

Will Borce Ristevski go to trial for ...

• Murder

• Manslaughter

• He'll take a deal before it gets to trial

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the latest from HS :

BORCE Ristevski murdered his wife Karen and dumped her body, then went out Uber driving before having dinner with his parents, a magistrate heard on Monday.

Mr Ristevski’s movements on the day his wife disappeared — and “inconsistencies” in what he had told police — were aired in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Monday, during the first day of a hearing to determine whether he should stand trial for her murder.

The father of two is charged with killing the fashion boutique owner at their Avondale Heights home on the morning of June 29, 2016.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/l...g/news-story/feed7c620cdd441bb8e1e2cff06026c7

First I heard of the uber driving.

So what do we make of the daughters committal hearing evidence? Says mum is more prone to short temper than Dad...just playing a straight bat? still not sure where she sits re. her Dad.
Not sure what to make of her hearing

I thought it was odd no one in the family questioned Karen's whereabouts that night. It was common for her to disappear?

The Herald Sun is fighting the suppression order. Don't understand why they won't respect confidential IP used to catch bad guys.
I would argue it is public interest. Did they obtain a warrant to access the data or is there an arrangement in place where telcos hand over this information on request?

I would say it’s against public interest....
Cops wouldn’t want their methods made public I would think

Most of us already know the methods used to track phones. But as Killer Power has suggested, there's more to it. I'm a bit relieved actually to see journalists doing their jobs and fighting suppression orders particularly in Victoria. Won't win them all but 'fight every one' is my motto.

Edit: And that 'more to it' involves big business and corporations in issues of the citizens privacy

Last edited:
I would say it’s against public interest....
Cops wouldn’t want their methods made public I would think
The stats tell us that more and more we are seeing suppression orders and that info is being suppressed for longer. And not only info presented by the DPP in court cases but other govt depts also (eg. defence). Personally I think the increase has been driven by the establishment and use of FOI requests but that is probably a separate discussion.

Like shellyg I therefore feel that all suppression orders should be challenged as to their validity ensuring only those that are critical get upheld and even then have a realistic timeframe attached. In this case I want to know if these methods that police are using abide by the law, or are an emerging method not satisfactorily covered by current laws, and that sits well within the realm of public interest in my opinion.

By the numbers - the percentage of women who get murdered by their male partner - Borce is most likely guilty.

Took the cops a very long time to charge him though, and talk of listening devices etc, hmmm, all a bit odd.

Lloyd Rayney got off a pretty similar murder. While this bloke looks as guilty as sin he could still get off.

Any time there is a delay you have to reckon they are struggling for evidence.

Lloyd Rayney got off a pretty similar murder. While this bloke looks as guilty as sin he could still get off.

Any time there is a delay you have to reckon they are struggling for evidence.

Rayney's trial was really interesting. It had the stench of corruption around it though and a sex offender's DNA lifted off a cigarette butt iirc, found out the front of their house. There were other possibilities. At this stage, I'm not sure there's anywhere else to look but straight at Borce.

Rayney's trial was really interesting. It had the stench of corruption around it though and a sex offender's DNA lifted off a cigarette butt iirc, found out the front of their house. There were other possibilities. At this stage, I'm not sure there's anywhere else to look but straight at Borce.
The stepson?

Security guard describes Borce as an angry man:

SECURITY at a shopping centre where murdered mother Karen Ristevski had a fashion boutique told police her husband, Borce, was an “angry man”.

Detective Senior Constable Adrian Care, in his statement tendered to the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court as part of a hearing to determine if Mr Ristevski should stand trial for murder, said he spoke to two security guards at the Watergardens shopping centre on July 2, 2016.

“Both stated Borce Ristevski was difficult to deal with and described him as an angry man,” Sen-Constable Care said.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/l...e/news-story/20eb60dd3722c1ff45ac32a7f471447a

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was looking OK for Borce there initially at least.

Established:
1) He wasn't violent at home and it was Karen who needed to calm down and would take walks. Actually quoted as the calm one
2) Established it wasn't out of character for Karen to take long walks to clear her head sometimes for hours.
3) The fuel gauge was buggered

Crown:
1) Can't say for certain it was him in the car or if it was actually Karens at the intersection
2) In laws have dropped him in it a bit but nothing that really contradicts the above
3) Securit guard @ shopping centre is clutching at straws.

Will go to trial as it always does but case just appears flimsy to me.

[QUOTEThe next morning Sarah was a wreck. Borce said he didn’t know how long someone had to be missing before you report to police. After checking online and finding that a report can be made any time, they went to the local station.

In 12 interactions with police over the following days, investigators allege Mr Ristevski either withheld key information or could not account for inconsistencies in his version of events.

.[/QUOTE]

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...-after-karen-disappeared-20180720-p4zsox.html

If there was another's involvement and I'm not suggesting there was, I think it might look more that it was her daughter actually.

What other involvement?

I reckon there is something that is not being told and one of those "deals" has been done to keep it under wraps and present the official narrative. There is something very odd about this whole thing.

What other involvement?

If anybody else killed Karen, considering Borce was apparently calm and not violent. And Karen took off for walks sometimes for hours. Really? Hours? Where did she go walking for hours in four seasons in the day Melbourne? She walk at night?

Might be the daughter who's ultimately treated as a hostile witness and it may even suit Borce's defence. (put your helmet on Sarah).

If anybody else killed Karen, considering Borce was apparently calm and not violent. And Karen took off for walks sometimes for hours. Really? Hours? Where did she go walking for hours in four seasons in the day Melbourne? She walk at night?

Might be the daughter who's ultimately treated as a hostile witness and it may even suit Borce's defence. (put your helmet on Sarah).

Or did the police go through Karen's phone and ascertain where she may have been going?

Treat her as a hostile witness all you want but if she sticks to her story then what?

Last edited:
Back