Society/Culture Karen spotting!

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
... except you are the biggest Karen on this site, and as far as I know you're male. I suppose you could be female and have started the thread 'What makes you feel like a man', but you posted in it as though you were.

You spent the majority of this thread complaining to the mods that the term Karen is sexist, despite it being applied to a) you, and b) men.
See you are already back to calling it a Karen again.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Being a joke doesn't mean it's not sexist. It stereotypes women who complain as Karens.
No, not all women. Just those (and men) who complain in a pretty specific fashion.

It is possible to complain without it being so public and demonstrative that people's natural response is to immediately whip out their phones and record it.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
So why were there male examples posted? People didn't actually find those examples funny and were playing the long con, cunningly covering up their sexist tendencies?
Cos you are claiming the males are acting like a whinging women. while you continue to label it as Karen it doesn’t change the fact that the behaviour is attributed as primarily a negative female one.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Cos you are claiming the males are acting like a whinging women. while you continue to label it as Karen it doesn’t change the fact that the behaviour is attributed as primarily a negative female one.
Lucky we decided to label some examples as Kevin then I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with the whinging and negative parts (I'd add over-the-top and public), just not the female part. An argument could be made that you're being more sexist than we are, seeking to restrict and associate it with being female despite us pointing to the male examples.

Now the story is that Karen is a woman's name, but it's always been about both women and men lmao

Pull the other one. Why are people happy to say they hate Collingwood, but so unwilling to admit they hate women?

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Now the story is that Karen is a woman's name, but it's always been about both women and men lmao

Pull the other one. Why are people happy to say they hate Collingwood, but so unwilling to admit they hate women?

Coz we're not hating (more laughing at really) on the person coz she's a woman, we're hating on the behaviour. Clearly, its not only women that are capable of said behaviour.

I wouldn't have thought this particularly hard to grasp.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Coz we're not hating (more laughing really) on the person coz she's a woman, we're hating on the behaviour. Clearly, its not only women that are capable of said behaviour.

all the names are unisex now

1626918914295.png

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
A product of female entitlement and endless privilege

funny how society reacts to just a name referencing toxic female behaviour. Calls already to make it illegal

it’s Australia, only men are
To be held accountable for their actions !!!

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
A product of female entitlement and endless privilege

funny how society reacts to just a name referencing toxic female behaviour. Calls already to make it illegal

it’s Australia, only men are
To be held accountable for their actions !!!
I wonder what they will think about this name then.
Karenovirus - Earplugs are reportedly a better safety protection than masks, when coming into contact with a female with this ailment.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Coz we're not hating (more laughing at really) on the person coz she's a woman, we're hating on the behaviour. Clearly, its not only women that are capable of said behaviour.

As if hate is acceptable in any circumstance, as if its normal ? IF its normal try using dislike.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
As if hate is acceptable in any circumstance, as if its normal ? IF its normal try using dislike.

Yep, of course. Thats what I meant with the '(more laughing at)' part, I don't think 'hate' is an accurate descriptor at all.

If I was working somewhere and on the receiving end of that behavior, yeah I bet I would dislike (or even hate) the person - watching examples of it online, its more entertainment than anything else. Makes this supposed misogyny angle even more ridiculous.

Back