Recommitted Karl Amon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

One of our ITK posters on the Hawk board mentioned it 6 weeks ago....That Clarko was over in Adelaide on a scouting mission & had Amon as his number 1 target.

Also. Apparently we were interested last year, but couldn't get it over the line due to the drawn-out negotiations on the Wingard deal.

So that would be a no...you don’t have a source that he has requested a trade back to Victoria.

Might want to check your definition of facts.

Will be reunited alongside his best mates Wingard and Impey.
Hope so. Is this locked in?

I know we had spoken to him last year, but it didn’t eventuate in time.

Nothing official anywhere - hence the query as to whether "fact" is the appropriate word.

It may be true, but claiming it as fact right now is a guess, nothing more.
Anonymous footy forum, whats the point of being the police of symantecs.

Sounds like Amons leaving.

Nothing official anywhere - hence the query as to whether "fact" is the appropriate word.

It may be true, but claiming it as fact right now is a guess, nothing more.

As with all these things...It won't be a fact until he's signed on the dotted line....That goes without saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm...SEN reporting he's "set to request a trade" in no way equals it to being a fact that he has requested a trade.

If SEN reported “Stephen Coniglio has turned down GWS and is set to lodge a free agency request to join Carlton” you would be jizzing in your pants mate. Besides, what do SEN have to gain from making this up? He is not a big name player who generates heaps of traffic like Cogs, so they would not go with this story unless they were pretty darn confident.

Dunno, personally I prefer articles that actually quote someone by name who might actually know something.

When journos start quoting "whispers" you end up with journos quoting journos quoting clickbait, opinion pieces or occasionally twitter trolls.

Never know what the hell is going on anymore once that kicks off.

If SEN reported “Stephen Coniglio has turned down GWS and is set to lodge a free agency request to join Carlton” you would be jizzing in your pants mate. Besides, what do SEN have to gain from making this up? He is not a big name player who generates heaps of traffic like Cogs, so they would not go with this story unless they were pretty darn confident.

No I wouldn't.

I'd understand that SEN are notorious for making s**t up to increase their audience and that it's August with plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.

I'm not saying he hasn't requested a trade and I'm not saying he won't end up at Hawthorn, but at this point in time it is not a fact.

Dunno, personally I prefer articles that actually quote someone by name who might actually know something.

When journos start quoting "whispers" you end up with journos quoting journos quoting clickbait, opinion pieces or occasionally twitter trolls.

Never know what the hell is going on anymore once that kicks off.

There's priors on this one....He wanted out last year to return home to Victoria, before signing a one year extension once the request fell through.

He also remains out of contract with less than a week of the regular H&A season to run.

AFL trade news 2019 Port Adelaide: Karl Amon set to request trade to ...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/...karl-amon.../8e8ff2f8a4190684e42e3be6ea...

6 hours ago - Karl Amon is poised to attempt another move to a Victorian-based club, 12 months after he tried and failed to get out of Port Adelaide. ... But despite a career-best year with the Power, Amon still appears set to engineer a move to a new club. ... It comes after Power coach Ken Hinkley ...

There's priors on this one....He wanted out last year to return home to Victoria, before signing a one year extension once the request fell through.

He also remains out of contract with less than a week of the regular H&A season to run.

AFL trade news 2019 Port Adelaide: Karl Amon set to request trade to ...
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/...karl-amon.../8e8ff2f8a4190684e42e3be6ea...

6 hours ago - Karl Amon is poised to attempt another move to a Victorian-based club, 12 months after he tried and failed to get out of Port Adelaide. ... But despite a career-best year with the Power, Amon still appears set to engineer a move to a new club. ... It comes after Power coach Ken Hinkley ...
Actually I think he was always contracted for 2019? They were going to release him a year early if they could get a trade done.

“Ken (Hinkley) and I had some honest conversations towards the end of the season last year and we sort of came to the conclusion that if there was an opportunity elsewhere, especially back home, that both parties would look at it and we were comfortable in talking about that and seeing what was out there,” Amon admitted.

“But the fact that I’m back here, I’m happy here as well. I’m lucky enough to have another contract for this year.

Home being Melbourne, he played for the Sandy Dragons as a junior.

2017 was his fourth year on Port's list, was injury interrupted, but averaged 19 disposals from the 14 games he played. Only played 6 games last year, at which point he was going to request a trade in search of more opportunities (according to the pafc article above), and then sixteen games so far this year with a similar average disp. to 2017.

I suppose 16 games is a reasonable number if your main worry is about getting senior opportunities, doesn't rule out a trade for other reasons though.

I feel like players of his type are a dime a dozen but maybe that's because Essendon seems to have a lot of them :shrug:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back