Recommitted Karl Amon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is much maligned by our fan base for a few weak efforts. But his best is pretty good. Has a quality kick, and runs all day. Can find the footy at AFL level too, just looks like a deer in the headlights way too often. Late 3rd rounder would probably get it done considering he’s contracted but I wouldn’t hold my breath

Finds the ball at a reasonable but not great level, will hit one beautiful kick per game to go with three or four absolute shanks, and is prone to soft efforts. There are worse players on an AFL list but I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Would take him for sure, have always thought he’s a handy footballer.

We’re desperate for some outside pace and for the right price I think Karl could be a smart get.
I suspect that his good work in the elim final last year is swaying your opinion.
He did finish off 2017 pretty well but just can't seem to kick on and maybe a new club will do that for him.

Wants a trade to St Kilda apparently.

Contracted for another year. Looked like he was becoming a good player last year but fell away this year.

Saints have 3 x 4th rounders, one of those should get the deal done?

We already have 5 picks higher than that and maybe more coming so those picks are worthless unless we are just giving him away for the sake of it.

Would think either

Amon > saints

Mayes > port

Saints > pick to Brisbane

So whatever pick satisfies them for Mayes. They should both really have equivalent value.

Either that or saints 2019 3rd or 4th rounder. If it’s 4th rounder it should be next years and this years and we see if we use this years as a sweetener in some deal.

I think all these are pretty fair asks on ports behalf ie

Mayes
2019 3rd
Or 2018 4th + 2019 4th

Wants a trade to St Kilda apparently.

Contracted for another year. Looked like he was becoming a good player last year but fell away this year.

Saints have 3 x 4th rounders, one of those should get the deal done?
Definitely. That pick will then likely be used for Mayes or in the Polec trade as part of the pick swaps that occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back