Free Agency Karl Amon [Unrestricted Free Agent to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
After struggling to find his place in Port Adelaide’s side in the early stages of his career, Karl Amon put together a brilliant 2021 campaign that emerged him as one of the club’s most valuable players.

With more than 100 games now in the bank, Amon played every possible game in 2021 and isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. He led the club in kicks on the season and was right up there for disposals, inside 50s and centre clearances, rounding out a career best year which saw him nominated for All-Australian selection and recognised as the club’s most improved player for the year.

Amon’s ability to carry the ball and drive it forward effectively was a key factor in Port’s increased scoring capacity in 2021.

(Port Adelaide website)

Port need to try and keep him. Important player for them.

I don't see him leaving. Has an important role in the side.

Yeah Blues cap would have to be getting tight now

Whilst he won't be on huge dollars it would take a decent contract to get him IMO
Have to see how things play out with guys like Dow, McGovern, Curnow etc but yeah it would be getting awfully close to bursting I'd think.

Would have to be close to the best wing in the comp and surprisingly tough too. Would be a huge upgrade on Obrien or Setterfield to go next to our inside mids

His mum recently got given a job at St Kilda, read into that what you will.

We would have to be a huge chance if he has decided that he wants to come back to Victoria.
Would just have to pay triple what we could’ve got him for 3 years ago though.
His mum recently got given a job at St Kilda, read into that what you will.
Yep, the saints were the other team with interest a couple of years ago, could very well end up with him. Although as we’ve seen with brad hill, marvel is not a ground that wingers excel at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Hill having played much better down back than on the wing and us planning on playing Billings forward again (after he spent the last couple of years on the wing), there’s a decent opening there on a wing, if Karl wants to come back to Vic.

His mum is now our indigenous development manager and we’ll presumably have Hill, Gresham, Long, Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager, Peris and Kyle here for him to play and train with, who are also indigenous, if that’s something that appeals to him.

Think Port will let him go if they know they will get band 1 compo for him
You really have no understanding of player value contract and pick wise do you? For a 1st rounder someone would have to offer him 650k-700k for 4+ years in what universe is Karl Amon getting that? He will get offers around the 400k-500k mark for 3-4 years and Port will be happy with the 2nd round pick it nets

You really have no understanding of player value contract and pick wise do you? For a 1st rounder someone would have to offer him 650k-700k for 4+ years in what universe is Karl Amon getting that? He will get offers around the 400k-500k mark for 3-4 years and Port will be happy with the 2nd round pick it nets
Have you watched Amon the last 2 years? He’s probably in the top 3 wingmen in the league, port would match if they only got a second rounder for him. I don’t know if they’d even accept an end of first rounder. Hawks could definitely use him, I wouldn’t be against offering him 600 for 4, we’ve got a huge amount of cap space we’re gonna have to use

Have you watched Amon the last 2 years? He’s probably in the top 3 wingmen in the league, port would match if they only got a second rounder for him. I don’t know if they’d even accept an end of first rounder. Hawks could definitely use him, I wouldn’t be against offering him 600 for 4, we’ve got a huge amount of cap space we’re gonna have to use
Wingman are cream players that shouldn't be overpaid for, Brad Hill prime example of why you don't. Ed Langdon was for a 4 pick slide and a future 2nd with a 400k-500k 3/4 year deal. He is a very good player but is nowhere near worth 600k. He's attending more CBA's which shows they're trying to move him on ball more and he wouldn't be in the top 20 Mids. I am not saying someone won't over pay for him but if you're happy for your club to give up 600k and a 1st rounder for someone who's played 1 decent year and 3 good games this year all power to you

Wingman are cream players that shouldn't be overpaid for, Brad Hill prime example of why you don't. Ed Langdon was for a 4 pick slide and a future 2nd with a 400k-500k 3/4 year deal. He is a very good player but is nowhere near worth 600k. He's attending more CBA's which shows they're trying to move him on ball more and he wouldn't be in the top 20 Mids. I am not saying someone won't over pay for him but if you're happy for your club to give up 600k and a 1st rounder for someone who's played 1 decent year and 3 good games this year all power to you
The point of paying the 600 is because you wouldn’t have to give up a pick as he’s a free agent. Definitely shown more of an ability to go inside than hill. Hill just made a s**t decision to move to a club that plays a majority of its games at marvel. Hills form at freo was well worth 600, probably not the supposed 800 that the saints paid him though

Maybe, reckon Amon would get more money than that on an open market though. Very good player.

Langdon is defintley worth what Melbourne are paying him now. Maybe not at the time of the trade, but he has really been a valuable recruit and link man with their fast/transition rebounding type of gameplan.

Hindsight shows Hawks missed out big time when they didn't want him included in the Wingard deal, but there's no guarantee he would have become the player he is now if he hadn't stayed.

That said, would love him now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back