Unsolved Karmein Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's dead. You don't just escalate and then just stop.

It’s not impossible. We know from his crimes he displayed an extreme level of discipline. It’s possible that things got too serious and he vowed not to offend again - and has stuck to that.

Murder was never his M.O. He killed Chan - possibly because she saw his face - and then stopped.

As far as we know Brian Elkner remains the prime suspect... he’s very much alive.

Police interviewed their “main suspect” at the time - presumed to be Elkner - for 14 hours and at least a few of the investigators believe they scared the s**t out of him, enough to stop offending.

Last edited:
Reading over this thread, I don't want to annoy people who haven't been here since January but ... was Karmein really cut in half? Not enough to shoot her in the back of the head he had to mutilate her body?
Shellyg, there wasnt much of karmein chans bones left after a year in the ground (according to the articles or film) and never has that been reported afaik. i reckon that's false.
Sharon Mason - Perth might have been mistakenly mentioned here.

Shellyg, there wasnt much of karmein chans bones left after a year in the ground (according to the articles or film) and never has that been reported afaik. i reckon that's false.
Sharon Mason - Perth might have been mistakenly mentioned here.
Okay... that's on a whole other level again.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reading over this thread, I don't want to annoy people who haven't been here since January but ... was Karmein really cut in half? Not enough to shoot her in the back of the head he had to mutilate her body?
When mentioned here it was the first id heard of it. Not consistent with his MO at all.

When Karmein was abducted, something like 'drug dealers pay up' was spray painted onto the parents' car, but the theory is that it was probably a ruse or red herring to distract from the real motive.

It's also interesting that some of the evidence has apparently gone missing; namely, the tape used to gag the other girls. With the advent of better DNA technology, this could have presented an opening. How does sealed evidence just disappear and more importantly, why?

Also, an interesting article from last year: https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/the...say-to-do-evil-while-committing-rape-attacks/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thought, I know the area quite well where Karmein was found, family business very close and I'm a bit surprised someone didn't stumble over her earlier. Ugly land, really scrappy and not a good walk, always windy but it could be used to cut the corner of Mahoneys Road.

Not suggesting anything here but creep factor in certain areas. The police had Peter Dupas under surveillance for a while and when they decided to intercept him on the go, it was in the carpark of the Excelsior Hotel. Essentially diagonally across the road from where Karmein was found.

Just a thought, I know the area quite well where Karmein was found, family business very close and I'm a bit surprised someone didn't stumble over her earlier. Ugly land, really scrappy and not a good walk, always windy but it could be used to cut the corner of Mahoneys Road.

Not suggesting anything here but creep factor in certain areas. The police had Peter Dupas under surveillance for a while and when they decided to intercept him on the go, it was in the carpark of the Excelsior Hotel. Essentially diagonally across the road from where Karmein was found.

I'm not familiar with the area but would rule nothing out with Dupas.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the story behind the remains of Karmein? Did someone say she was cut in half? That really does have more of a gangland feel to it than sexual predator gone wrong. But who knows with these sickos!

Cant remember exactly where I saw or read it but there was a sighting of someone previously along the merri creek trail in the area closer to the city and when seen he bolted. Obviously that could be completely unrelated but also there are many flights that go past there.

If I had to guess id say he lived no where near there. But EAR didnt go too far from home for a lot of his crimes.

He seems to have known the eastern suburbs pretty well though.

'm not familiar with the area but would rule nothing out with Dupas.

Although he got a bit better planning his crimes as he went along, Dupas wasn't smart enough to get away with this. imo. He was very untidy.

I don't think Karmein was mutilated, someone might have got a bit mixed up.

Cant remember exactly where I saw or read it but there was a sighting of someone previously along the merri creek trail in the area closer to the city and when seen he bolted. Obviously that could be completely unrelated but also there are many flights that go past there.

Karmein's mum could be seen from Mahoneys Road. Lot of creeps in that area, at one stage factory robberies were so frequent for two blocks back from Mahoneys Road and either side of Edgars, was under constant surveillance.

I think he must have known that land.

Karmein's mum could be seen from Mahoneys Road. Lot of creeps in that area, at one stage factory robberies were so frequent for two blocks back from Mahoneys Road and either side of Edgars, was under constant surveillance.

I think he must have known that land.
Holy crap I live literally 5 min walk from the excelsior and had no idea her body was found in that proximity and the surrounding area. It's technically Reservoir and not Thomastown the mahoneys rd intersection which i assume what they reported as where her body was found. Could you go into specifics how far from mahoneys rd was it apparently found?

Holy crap I live literally 5 min walk from the excelsior and had no idea her body was found in that proximity and the surrounding area. It's technically Reservoir and not Thomastown the mahoneys rd intersection which i assume what they reported as where her body was found. Could you go into specifics how far from mahoneys rd was it apparently found?

Next to the terminal station I believe.

Next to the terminal station I believe.

I had Karmein's mum as not that far in. But my judging of distance has never been great.

It's technically Reservoir and not Thomastown

The warehouse address was Thomastown, within a block of where Karmein was found, the Excelsior's address is Thomastown. Does Reservoir start on the other side of Mahoneys?

Holy crap I live literally 5 min walk from the excelsior

I didnt mean to offend anybody by saying there were some creepy people around but you get that in the industrial sections and it's not to say that extends into the residential. I didn't like being in there at night time.

I know, a map right but I was having a quick look. It's always been interesting to me that the HA's Nomads Headquarters was only a stones throw really from where Karmein was found, that just behind where she was found it was alleged the Nomads were running their car rebirthing operations. Lot of raids etc and the police were always watching. So in that section, there were some pretty heavy characters and I've been brief.

They'd ride their bikes down Edgars Road onto Mahoneys a lot, get petrol near the corner. Cruel was running quite a bit of risk choosing that particular place to leave Karmein but I don't think it was lost on him. Not sure what it says but something.

The crosses are new buildings that I dont think were there when she was left. The lines, not sure ... could be add ons.

thomastown.png

Another red herring he left her there? If so, he knew the dynamics of that area really well or could point more towards him being a cop imo.

I know, a map right but I was having a quick look. It's always been interesting to me that the HA's Nomads Headquarters was only a stones throw really from where Karmein was found, that just behind where she was found it was alleged the Nomads were running their car rebirthing operations. Lot of raids etc and the police were always watching. So in that section, there were some pretty heavy characters and I've been brief.

They'd ride their bikes down Edgars Road onto Mahoneys a lot, get petrol near the corner. Cruel was running quite a bit of risk choosing that particular place to leave Karmein but I don't think it was lost on him. Not sure what it says but something.

The crosses are new buildings that I dont think were there when she was left. The lines, not sure ... could be add ons.

View attachment 525750

Another red herring he left her there? If so, he knew the dynamics of that area really well or leans more towards him being a cop imo.

Take a pretty sick unit to abduct lil girls wouldn't it , especially to touch and knock female children . Too bad know one can piece it together can they shelly, some one must be close . Not a bad map , you into maps aswell ?

Although he got a bit better planning his crimes as he went along, Dupas wasn't smart enough to get away with this. imo. He was very untidy.

I don't think Karmein was mutilated, someone might have got a bit mixed up.
I have it on good authority from police sources her body was cut in half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back