Bendigo Gold

B: Slattery, Shinners, Collins
HB: Baguley, Freezer, Dalgleish
C: Colyer, Duscher, Williams
HF: Schultz, Maddern, Reimers
F: Steinberg, Little, Thompson
R: Putt, Davis, Ladson
Int: Long, Merrett, Stroobants, Peoples, McPhee*, Kavanagh, Vale, Crow

Will be interesting to hear how they go. Also good to see Long has survived the constant threat of injury for another week.

Nice. Am excited about Colyer's return.

Yep with Demspey, and Winderlich later, back this season and Davey finding some form I'm now getting excited we're going to get some pace back into the side which was getting pretty embarrassing last year. Jetta has been good too.

As far has having plenty of pace across the ground we're only short a quick guy in the center square now.

Good to see that we have some depth returning.

I'm glad to see Merrett, Kav, Long, Colyer and Dalgleish all playing at the one time. We need all the young skillful, ball carrying types up and running and playing games.

The speed of our side has been massively overrated in the last 12 months. This is going to become more of a problem as two senior players (Winderlich and Reimers) have more ???? on them than not. It needs to be corrected. These five are the guys that are going to correct the problem.

Davis and Baguley will add depth to the defence/inside mid stocks.

hows dalgliesh been playing? that is if he has been? I think i read that he was lightning quick, was wondering if he would add much to our side, sounds like a guy we could bring in when we needed pace on the bigger grounds?

hows dalgliesh been playing? that is if he has been? I think i read that he was lightning quick, was wondering if he would add much to our side, sounds like a guy we could bring in when we needed pace on the bigger grounds?
Apparently he showed some good signs with his pace, but doesn't find the ball enough to impact games. Won't be seeing him in the seniors this year, but is an exciting project player, who Dodoro obviously rates highly.

Dagleish hasn't done anything according to those who watch Bendigo.

He wont play AFL before 2013 if at all. In the longer term he certainly has attributes (speed and a precise disposal) that would benefit the side.

Merrett, being on the primary list, is a similar type and is much more of a chance to find himself in the side. Given the preference Hird & Bomber clearly have for hard bodies, Merrett would have to do something pretty special to get a game - he is paper thin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dagleish sounds like a perfect sub candidate for an "easy" game later in the year, give him a little taste so he has something to aim for while bulking up and training hard in the PS.

Excited for Colyer to come back in next week, should cement his spot in the side and not just a flashy, green vest! :thumbsu:

Dagleish sounds like a perfect sub candidate for an "easy" game later in the year, give him a little taste so he has something to aim for while bulking up and training hard in the PS.

Excited for Colyer to come back in next week, should cement his spot in the side and not just a flashy, green vest! :thumbsu:
Define an "easy" game?
Gold Coast was supposed to be an easy game and look what happened.

Define an "easy" game?
Gold Coast was supposed to be an easy game and look what happened.

Haha good point, we cant ever take any game for granted can we? Only have to look back to last year's horror 5-game losing streak.. :eek:
Hell I bet GWS plays their best game of the season against us.

Well if our players keep dropping like flies Im sure they'll all get a chance soon.

Anyway back on track, I hear young Kav had a good game! :thumbsu:

I saw the "report" on the Essendon website, did anyone go to the game and can tell me more about Reimers, Kav, Colyer and Steinberg?

Dagleish hasn't done anything according to those who watch Bendigo.

He wont play AFL before 2013 if at all. In the longer term he certainly has attributes (speed and a precise disposal) that would benefit the side.

Merrett, being on the primary list, is a similar type and is much more of a chance to find himself in the side. Given the preference Hird & Bomber clearly have for hard bodies, Merrett would have to do something pretty special to get a game - he is paper thin.

i thought it was dalgleish's first game back from injury on the weekend? so of course he hasn't done anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back