Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant ball movement was not an attribute of our 2010. Were you on drugs?
Were you? I'd kill for our ball movement to be as good as it was in 2010. We might have gone down the line 90% of the time, but we moved it quickly and efficiently, and more often than not played on from a mark rather than holding it up.

I watch the GF replay every now and then and still am amazed at how much better we used to move the ball.

Were you? I'd kill for our ball movement to be as good as it was in 2010. We might have gone down the line 90% of the time, but we moved it quickly and efficiently, and more often than not played on from a mark rather than holding it up.

I watch the GF replay every now and then and still am amazed at how much better we used to move the ball.
The replay was one of the swiftest ball movement we had of that season imo. The drawn game was more about possession and the grind but we took the game on with more handball the next week and obviously paid off accordingly ;)

Haha.. talk about it again in a weeks time.

Just remember how brilliantly we moved the ball around in 2010.. I have yet to see Buck's do anything of the sort consistently over 4 quarters. 6 yrs of the same s**t. We win a game by a point against half a side.. and we're world beaters. Move the ball around.. let the players enjoy it.. the results will come more readily.
prefers circles

Who's spot will Billy Take?

Billy in for Mayne then come ANZAC day release Special K. Suspect Goldsack, Phillips, Smith, Broomhead are the ones that might make way if he's anywhere near ready.

f1a4537fca23a964ea3d715dc7fae8b1.jpg

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Billy in for Mayne then come ANZAC day release Special K. Suspect Goldsack, Phillips, Smith, Broomhead are the ones that might make way if he's anywhere near ready.

f1a4537fca23a964ea3d715dc7fae8b1.jpg

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really hope they decide to be a bit daring and pick him (or Daicos would do) for the Anzac Day game. Most likely it won't happen, as they may well feel that they're not quite ready but it's such a special occasion and special players can rise to the occasion, so I'm hoping it happens! I'm hoping for a big game from Kirby on Saturday, to at least give him some sort of a chance of getting there! There's no doubt he has something about him, even if he's not capable of playing a full game at AFL level yet, he can perhaps do enough damage in half a game to make it worthwhile!

Was I high or did I remember H, Shaw, Johnson, Maxwell and Toovey look to take on the game and move the ball quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the feeling today he was a little unlucky with the rub of the green. Seemed to be involved all day but just couldn't get on the end of play to finish with a goal. Looks to have a little attitude as well which is very likeable!

Got the feeling today he was a little unlucky with the rub of the green. Seemed to be involved all day but just couldn't get on the end of play to finish with a goal. Looks to have a little attitude as well which is very likeable!
A pity that his least productive game so far was the one that was televised

Are you serious?

Mate we moved the ball around like a pinball machine.. yes we were high pressure as well.

As in a pinball machine where the ball never went anywhere near the middle of the machine? True.

On the bench. Hardly saw him out there.
nothing wrong with beach footy, not good for the calves. not a great game from him, but he has time to improve

He didn't get many 1:1 opportunities today as Coburg played so many back behind the ball. Competed well and will be a player, he gets to good spots just needs to keep persisting. Good to see Wells spending some time talking to him during breaks.

we are one game in for a lot of our boys this year, and so many in there first and second season, give them time before been judged

I have really liked the look of him, even if he didn't set the world on fire today. Has good natural goal sense and skills, just needs to build his tank and learn some more of the tricks of the trade.
Most important, I hope he has that deep-down hunger to really give it his all and grab his chance with both hands.

On the bench. Hardly saw him out there.

Wrong TG. Kirby was involved all day, and highly visible, but he wasn't very effective. Flying for marks, probably when he should have crumbed; going for tackles, but not all stuck. His timing was off today. We know his fitness is not up to scratch. I recently reread Hine's summary after we drafted him, and he emphasised the fitness issue. It's April of his first year, he will have some struggles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back