Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wanted to stop by and say that after watching the first 3 episodes of 'The Grind' Kirby is by FAR the best thing about it.

Great insight into the club's preseason thus far, but his 3 cameos are gold.

I'm sure as Pies supporters you're all over it but if you haven't get stuck in for Kayle alone.

Is there any reason you're watching this? I may have missed something, but there's no way I'd even consider watching anything Hawthorn related in the off season haha.

Yeah it's creepy. Don't engage with him again.
58ae7efba0910f656789b541551afd96.gif

Is there any reason you're watching this? I may have missed something, but there's no way I'd even consider watching anything Hawthorn related in the off season haha.
The behind the scenes docos that clubs put out are really interesting.

Dogs do some great ones too.

In the same, leaky, boat as Mayne and Wells.
One season to repay the faith.
Wells in a leaky boat?

Should have gone to spec savers....

The behind the scenes docos that clubs put out are really interesting.

Dogs do some great ones too.
I actually respect that.
Glad you like it.

Kirby is a great charachter around our boards.

I for one really hope he makes it. Looks like he has wonderful natural talent. So fingers crossed.

Oh.. It's now moving. It was a still photo on my screen when I was unable to get it
Still think it doesn't compare to viewing other clubs fluff pieces. I was assuming that like most non-Collingwood supporters, he just wished he was a Pie fan, but it turns out he is stalking other teams too. Red card him.

bho9Oen.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he looks in better nick so far this preseason, here’s hoping it stays that way when he get back after Christmas.
He’s got a great opportunity now for a round 1 spot.

He’s got a great opportunity now for a round 1 spot.
Yes he has, as there is a good chance that one or both of Elliott and Fasolo will not be ready, it’s up to him. Hope he is ready

I don't really get the hysteria, admittedly, from the few. It was always going to be a long-burn with Kirby.

When he was drafted, the general consensus was that he'd spend 2-3 years getting fit, building his tank and learning his role in the VFL. Most people at no point even expected to see him playing in the Firsts last year. That he did, whether he performed or not, is a credit to him and the performances he was putting in weekly in the VFL.

I actually now think he's ahead of schedule. Still won't have an AFL body for another 12-18 months at least, but we're going to see him more regularly earlier than I expected that's for damn sure.

Also, it's very good to hear that he's no longer mindlessly doing laps. There are far more intuitive and beneficial (not to mention safer) ways of getting fit. Good to see we're exploring those methods. If nothing else, he learned (and is still learning) a good lesson in persistence.

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back