Kayo: A balanced and reasoned intellectual discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought an Ethernet adapter for the Chromecast with Googletv two weeks ago and Kayo has run flawlessly ever since. Not one single drop out on a 100/40 connection from Leaptel.

Bought an Ethernet adapter for the Chromecast with Googletv two weeks ago and Kayo has run flawlessly ever since. Not one single drop out on a 100/40 connection from Leaptel.
So they should delete the mobile app?

Use the Live Channels. Never a problem.
This.

Didn't even know it was an option till the other month, on a Samsung smart TV and streaming seems a lot more stable via the live channels than accessing via the single game thumbnail thingies.

App is still absolute arse though. When you're watching replays how does it not remember where you were up to like every other video streaming app ever :drunk:

This.

Didn't even know it was an option till the other month, on a Samsung smart TV and streaming seems a lot more stable via the live channels than accessing via the single game thumbnail thingies.

App is still absolute arse though. When you're watching replays how does it not remember where you were up to like every other video streaming app ever :drunk:
This is where it fails. At a point where lots of people are probably opening the app to stream live the last few minutes or quarter in a tight game, dumps out delayed viewers to accommodate the influx.

Big middle finger to the delayed viewers so they can have high availability for the live viewers.

Then when it comes back for delayed viewers on the app, it forgets where they were up to and gives them the live feed.

This thing is utter dogshit. Admittedly only ever had issues this year but it's become really bad. Nigh unwatchable some games. It's not my internet connection, every other streaming service works fine and any test always shows connection speed is stable. Need more options to watch games because this is not acceptable.

For me, it was trash for most of this season - then I discovered the live channel workaround which is sweet.

Has now started behaving itself (noting it is still s**t but I use 9Now for the cricket which makes me think Kayo isn't that bad).

The live channels thing was working for me but for whatever reason today that's all choppy, freezing and loading. Currently using the watch now live option for the Hawks and Tigers and strangely enough it's now running okay. :rolleyesv1:

Have bagged 'em enough so probably have to give credit where its due - the latest app update a week or so back for Samsung smart TVs has been great.

They've changed the scrubbing, now when you fast forward or rewind you also have to press enter to resume playback whereas previously it just resumed playing automatically once you stopped scrubbing - after a solid 6 or 7 seconds of buffering. Now once you hit enter its heaps snappier, plays within a second or 2. Nothing has changed with my internet setup.

Urgent help required!

I’m trying to subscribe to ‘Watch AFL’ overseas before the game starts but both PayPal and CC payment options are either greyed out or I can’t actually press into the boxes. Anyone experienced this before? How can I overcome this?

View attachment 1757817

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mobile app is horrendous this season. Takes an eternity to load and then crashes before I can even click on the game. Idiots

Yep app on phone => Chromecast (a physical one plugged into a HDMI port) is just absolute trash. I watch games on my laptop instead and virtually never have buffering / freezing issues but it's quite annoying I can't watch it on the tv.

It's getting worse.

I'm on the Samsung tv app, and you can't watch a full game of anything without the app crashing and having to go back to the start. Such a dogshit service.

It's getting worse.

I'm on the Samsung tv app, and you can't watch a full game of anything without the app crashing and having to go back to the start. Such a dogshit service.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back