Kayo: A balanced and reasoned intellectual discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously.

Fox's programming is shite but is still worth it for un interrupted sport.

You also forgot to mention the ability to record all the fta shows so you can skip all the ads. Extremely useful.

You get what you pay for
Who the * watches FTA??? 🤣

I had Kayo for about a week in 2018 or 9 And it constantly paused during live play. I cancelled it and got Foxtel and never looked back.

View attachment 1697710

I love this thing more than my children.
Old technology but you know, it works and that thing up in orbit works a treat. đź›°đź›°đź›°đź›°đź›°

And live is live. Not 20-45 seconds delayed.

For $60 a month i get not only a 4k footy and other sports coverage, but another 40+ channels.
And. And. I can watch on the go on 5 different devices foxtel go. So i have it on my phone. My laptop. An ipad.
And two mates each have an ipad each they use and pay me $10 each to watch my channels.
So i pay a net $40 a month.

I laugh at kayo customers.
I split a kayo sub 3 ways so it costs me a little over $10 a month. Then I cancel in the offseason so it's about $60 a year. Plus I can watch on any device and I've never had an issue with buffering, stream dropouts etc. Yeah the app is s**t but the streams work.

How is it better to pay $40 a month for a bunch of s**t that I'll never watch?

SBS world news each night is the total extent of my FTA over about the last decade. Oh, and Survivor, but's usually on catch-up.
Oh yeah still watch ABC/SBS but not the commercial stations and certainly don't need Foxtel for that. iView and SBS on demand work just fine.

Who the * watches FTA??? 🤣

If I was 10 years younger and childless I probably wouldnt, but there are some good family shows like Amazing Race or Legomasters. We have half an hour of family tv to calm the kids down before bed and its nice to record these shows so we can FF the ads.

I also live an area with patchy internet so its nice to avoid streaming where possible.

Does that satisfy you?!

If I was 10 years younger and childless I probably wouldnt, but there are some good family shows like Amazing Race or Legomasters. We have half an hour of family tv to calm the kids down before bed and its nice to record these shows so we can FF the ads.

I also live an area with patchy internet so its nice to avoid streaming where possible.

Does that satisfy you?!
Not really, you could probably get a PVR realtively cheaply for the same function but you don't have to satisfy me. I just can't believe anyone watches the dross on FTA though my kids have also watched Legomasters in the past and the ads on the app are bloody annoying I'll give you that.

My intellectual input is that it's a dogshit service and Murdoch continues to take the piss out of all of us. Die already you old bastard.

Kayo is worse than BigFooty for shitting itself at key moments in the match.

Every time this piece of s**t dumps you out at 3 quarter time or so while you're watching delayed. Comes back at the final siren.

This has been happening for years.
doesn't it keep competitors price low so they don't gauge

... one failure pre-5G rollout in past 3 years is they comms-unit at Affal-House is he was not (publically atleast, may have been pursuing backchannels) agitating for internet/optic fibre coverage , flaw inherent is achieving the rural coverage , I don't know numbers of 5G v Fibre... for OverTheTop OTT squeezing Commercials™FoxSevenTen

Unfortunately will entrench havesVhavenots so Affal-House require new equalisation strategy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayo is trash.

Global limit exceeded. Login page timed out on multiple connections and devices.

The clueless engineers don't even know how to scale up capacity in finals, or they're too tight to pay for extra capacity. Probably both.

Never had an issue with it but having said that I generally watch FTA I if I can, so streaming issues on big traffic days are not something I would notice.

Cheap , good functionality, and no contracts… and it has chrome cast which suits me when I’m doing kitchen chores lol. Will cancel it at the end of the month as other sports are of no interest.

I'd be happy to ditch it if people could talk me through the better options.

Definitely keen to drop the three device/$35 per month back to one device/$25 per month as a response/penalty to them ditching Bein Sports.

I want a service where I know I can watch every AFL game. I want daily NBA games and all the playoffs, I'll be cutting NBA League Pass because it's turned to utter rubbish over the past year, worse than Kayo. I like to have the ESPN documentaries, Open Mike, classic AFL and ODI games, but those are probably nice to have (guessing you can get a lot on YouTube and the like). Some UK/Euro soccer would be good, I quite liked the Scottish, English Championship and Bundesliga that Kayo offered via Bein and then they simply cut that (like they'd done with the A-League), with no drop in price.

Can anyone talk me through a better option than Kayo?

The irony is I can stream AFL via Fox Sports USA on my Apple TV with a 100% perfect picture, no issues at all.....however if I switch over to Kayo it's starts buffering and crapping itself

Definitely keen to drop the three device/$35 per month back to one device/$25 per month as a response/penalty to them ditching Bein Sports.

I want a service where I know I can watch every AFL game. I want daily NBA games and all the playoffs, I'll be cutting NBA League Pass because it's turned to utter rubbish over the past year, worse than Kayo. I like to have the ESPN documentaries, Open Mike, classic AFL and ODI games, but those are probably nice to have (guessing you can get a lot on YouTube and the like). Some UK/Euro soccer would be good, I quite liked the Scottish, English Championship and Bundesliga that Kayo offered via Bein and then they simply cut that (like they'd done with the A-League), with no drop in price.

Im not gonna talk you through it, but this works IPTV Smarters Pro – The #1 Best IPTV Provider

Tried to log into Kayo thru smart tv app to watch last quarter after got home from game and it wasn’t working… plugged laptop in and accessed via browser and no issues at all

Apparently it crashed last night with a message “Currently we are receiving more requests than we are comfortable with. To try your request again, come back in a short while and reload this page.”

Just get foxtel and end your suffering ..
Yeah... and for the people who find the suggested solution ("just give Murdoch twice as much money") a little tough to swallow?

Ive ditched every subscription service and pirate everything. The sad thing is, its less hassle to watch things illegally. What a pathetic service we get currently

NBA is easily streamed, any game you want. Same as EPL etc. Google firesticks and associated apps, plenty of streaming websites, and what not.

No Netflix, Stan, Kayo, P+, Binge, Optus etc.

We had better sports coverage a decade ago. Its laughable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back