Kayo: A balanced and reasoned intellectual discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a portable monitor so that I could stream sport while working from home on a bigger screen.

NFL Game Pass - fine
9now for the tennis - fine
Tried Netflix, Paramount, Stan, Amazon - fine
Kayo/Binge - not compatible with HDMI (get sound but no picture)

Absolute rort, so stuck watching all the cricket on the little ipad. Blew up at support when they said it was deliberate.

Given they are the only option they don’t give a flying ****

With the price increase to $35 a month, is there any reason to not get a club digital membership given $250 for 12 months <<<<<<< $420 for 12 months

I think Gold Coast is the cheapest

The two reasons not to get a club membership would be if you only wanted Kayo for the length of the H&A football season, being 6 months/$210, or if you needed more than 1 screen (club memberships are for basic only so you'd need 2, compared to paying $30/month to get it direct from Kayo)

The two reasons not to get a club membership would be if you only wanted Kayo for the length of the H&A football season, being 6 months/$210, or if you needed more than 1 screen (club memberships are for basic only so you'd need 2, compared to paying $30/month to get it direct from Kayo)

Kayo Basic is the 2 screen option. Kayo One is the single screen option

True re: 6 months only but as Millsie pointed out, getting priority 3 access to a GWS grand final is kind of a cool perk

Kayo Basic is the 2 screen option. Kayo One is the single screen option

True re: 6 months only but as Millsie pointed out, getting priority 3 access to a GWS grand final is kind of a cool perk
Right you are. How silly of me to assume the Kayo 'Basic' package would be the most advanced compared to the only other option they offer :drunk:

Remains one of the best deals on the planet. Try watching all the top-tier domestic sport on one platform in the US or the UK. There's a good chance you can't even see your own team play in many areas due to local blackouts. We have it very good here, even at $35 p/m.
I do get concerned by the amount of sport that they're losing to other platforms. E.g. The ICC events rights to Amazon.

There is hardly any soccer worth watching on there anymore. I'm not sure how much longer they have the F1 rights for, but those would have to be worth a lot more now too.

I do get concerned by the amount of sport that they're losing to other platforms. E.g. The ICC events rights to Amazon.

There is hardly any soccer worth watching on there anymore. I'm not sure how much longer they have the F1 rights for, but those would have to be worth a lot more now too.
Yeah it will become worse. Especially as the big tech firms get involved. Enjoy it while it lasts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remains one of the best deals on the planet. Try watching all the top-tier domestic sport on one platform in the US or the UK. There's a good chance you can't even see your own team play in many areas due to local blackouts. We have it very good here, even at $35 p/m.
kidding yourself l, its trash

kidding yourself l, its trash

It costs about $2500 Australian dollars to watch about half the Premier League games if you live in the UK.

You don't know what you're talking about.

So for the average person who wants to have all the platforms to watch their Premier League Games you will on average pay £105.92 a month. That is roughly £1270 a year.

That is more expensive that a season ticket to 18 out of 20 premier league clubs.

The next step to this is that paying this will not mean you get to watch all games, due to out of date regulations any game that starts at 3pm is banned from TV viewing (within the UK). Very strange I know but we deal with that. While I can't give you an exact figure this means about 50% of PL games affected by this ruling, I want to make this clear. You pay all this money not to be able to watch most of the prem games.

For watching on TV via the app & chromecast: it is not worth 25 cents a month.
Constant lag & freezing.
For watching on a lsptop: it works, but you need to watch footy on a laptop

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It seems inconsistent on chrome cast. I don’t have any issues on my (pretty slow) internet, but at other houses with better internet I’ve experienced it being very very choppy

It seems inconsistent on chrome cast. I don’t have any issues on my (pretty slow) internet, but at other houses with better internet I’ve experienced it being very very choppy
i live in Bourke st Melbourne CBD & have never had an issue with Netflix, nor Amazon Prime being cast to my tv.
Junior did fifa on one of those gaming consoles back in the day as well, but kayo is terrible in comparison
unless on my laptop

I have Chromecast and as a few posters have said it's not a fluid coverage from Kayo your getting. Stuttering and every now and than freezes for a couple of seconds. I also watch quite a bit of WWE and it's pretty good for that. You get both WWE/AEW weekly shows and PPV's. Used to cost an arm and a leg for all of that. Would be worth the 35 dollars per months absolutely if not for the buffering and stuttering while your watching it. There's enough Sport to get you through most days.

I have Chromecast and as a few posters have said it's not a fluid coverage from Kayo your getting. Stuttering and every now and than freezes for a couple of seconds. I also watch quite a bit of WWE and it's pretty good for that. You get both WWE/AEW weekly shows and PPV's. Used to cost an arm and a leg for all of that. Would be worth the 35 dollars per months absolutely if not for the buffering and stuttering while your watching it. There's enough Sport to get you through most days.
Get a giants digital membership. $250 per year for the $35 a month deal plus priority 3 rights to the GF if giants make it

Remains one of the best deals on the planet. Try watching all the top-tier domestic sport on one platform in the US or the UK. There's a good chance you can't even see your own team play due to local blackouts. We have it very good here, even at $35 p/m.
That might be true but I’d rather pocket the $35 a month and “sail the seas”.

My foxtel is $71 per month for every channel and in HD and comes with foxtel Go access for mobile devices. Worth the extra $35 per month or whatever it is IMO.

We're paying $54 for everything on Foxtel. And in 4k. I called Foxtel up and said I was going to go to kayo and the rep said "Oh you don't want to do that. We limit the bandwidth on kayo. We don't do that with Foxtel". Obviously the repp was talking a bit of s**t, but it does show how they see kayo as a 2nd rate service. I've also got 2 mates chipping in $10 each a month to watch the footy on Foxtel go and F1. So we're paying the same as kayo for everything in Foxtel and proper 4k. Pretty happy with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back