Kayo - any good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Used it for last season. I got a premium account so I can share with my family because it allows 3 screens simultaneously. Literally 1000 times better than the AFL app. You can cast it to your television in HD. Yes you can absolutely pause a broadcast. You can also watch replays of any match. And yes you get all of the AFL shows too. My only complaint would be that the UI is a little counterintuitive but once you get used to it you'll be fine. I started my subscription again this month so I can watch the women's games and the Marsh series games. I highly recommend it.

Used it for last season. I got a premium account so I can share with my family because it allows 3 screens simultaneously. Literally 1000 times better than the AFL app. You can cast it to your television in HD. Yes you can absolutely pause a broadcast. You can also watch replays of any match. And yes you get all of the AFL shows too. My only complaint would be that the UI is a little counterintuitive but once you get used to it you'll be fine. I started my subscription again this month so I can watch the women's games and the Marsh series games. I highly recommend it.

Was tossing up whether to get Kayo or pay for the app. This is a good endorsement.

Anyone currently using Kayo? How do you find it? Works well?

Does it show the Foxtel footy shows like 360? Can you pause a broadcast?

I'll be using it on my iMac - does anyone else have this set up and if so how does it perform?
1582107416987.png

If you’ve got good internet it’s great. Mine was a bit patchy when I tried it. If I can’t get foxtel to leave my price as it is when my contract is up in a few months I’ll probably switch back.

The only thing I dislike it that you can’t download it as an app on a PS4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Mate signed up hoping to use it on contiki and it didnt work. Use Watchafl.com for overseas, brother. Can pay by the month or buy a yearly subscription.
For me here in the US it is cheaper to buy a Bulldogs international membership which includes a subscription to Watchafl.com than it is to subscribe directly.

Yep, I have it and it works well once you get it up and running. There are little intricacies to get it going which someone else mentioned but you are getting all your footy for half the price of a Foxtel subscription which is great and you can pause it for the months that you don’t need it.

To go against the grain of the Kayo love, the fact that most smart TVs don't have a standalone app is a negative. I'd rather not have to cast it from my phone.
The app is available on my Sansung TV, works a treat. No different to Netflix, Stan or any other straming app :)

Yeah if you've got Apple TV it's a godsend, utterly ridiculous that you can't cast to TV from the AFL app. It's 2020.

That said, I cancelled after my free trial as C7 shows enough games for me, the Dogs are enough footy for me & I'm happy to go the pub for a game. Plus Murdoch yeah na. But it is a bloody good app, can't fault it.

It's brilliant. I have 3 Android boxes, cost me $40 each hooked into various TVs around the house. Theré's an Android app or you could watch in a browser. I've also run it on my laptop and Samsung tablet.

Watched the recent T20 England - South Africa series, amazing close games and every day they have a highlights package of key games.

Being an ex-Leeds lad it's good to see Leeds United and Leeds Rhinos games. I had a good fix of NFL during the recent season. Our internet is patchy but it runs really well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back